New Tank, width constraint

blfreund

I was only in the hobby briefly about 6 years ago, before I went to college, so I am basicly starting fresh now.
I am trying to decide what size of tank I will be getting. My problem is I only have about 33" to work with. This may end up being a secondary tank down the way.
I was looking into a 36Gal 30x15x21 Bowfront, or maybe a 29Gal 30x12x18, or a 37Gal 30x12x22. I will probably get the Bowfront because it looks nicer and is deeper.
I did not know what kind of filtration and other equipment I will need to look at for that size of tank. I will probably be using LR and LS.
I am getting in some books form Amazon. Does anyone know were I might be able to look at a FAQ online for a newbie like me.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

wrassecal

Always like to see another Okie on the board. try a google search and you should find lots of information. Also try a search using Rshimek, he's an expert in a lot of areas especially dsbs.also I would say when deciding which tank you get think about how the lighting is going to fit and which one you can get the most water surface with. This bb has a wealth of info from hobbyist :)

actually go to about.com and type in salt water aquariums.. click on the barrier reef(1st link) and on the left side they have a whole list of info..

blfreund

Thanks for the information guys. I decided on a Oceanic 36Gal tank. It is little on the small side, but I can always use it as a secondary tank later.