New Tank

linda5749

:happyfish
Thank you for answering me so soon...Yes I have live rock, no I do not have anything in there except for live sand nothing else but that and live rock...I have just a regular filter that I used on my frehwater tank that fits on the back of the tank and has a carbon filter and a wheel that turns. The light that I have is a regular one bulb flurosent bulb, I would like to have the corals that have alot of color and what ever the other growh is that gives the tank color besides having to have alot of different fish. I told the people and the pet store what size tank I had and he said the tang would be ok...Now what do I do? I paid too much for it to just get rid of it....I have purchased just a few fish and that is all.

reefer44

Well looks like you are going to have to get rid of the tang when he gets to about 5"....I would go with 175 metal halide pendants....and a berlin protien skimmer
also get a book on sw fish
when posting a reply i would not go to post new thread go to post reply
good luck
Brad

brownleaf

Sorry, but other will be easier to respond if you just continue use Post Reply in the other (your original) post. Thanks.

linda5749

Thanks, I doubt that they would take the Tang back, it is not a yellow as it used to me and has some red on the top of his fins, they told me at the pet store that he probably had a bacterial infection and told me to treat the water with some medcine. I did that but it did not seem to help, I guess I will try again, I will look into the book that you told me about and check into the lights and protein skimmer that was talked about.. I will be back...Thanks for the advise on posting reply, hope it works.