New tank

rappa

Hi i am new to this hobby and boy is it already addicting. I originally planned on doing a salt water fish only tank, but that soon changed. I switch to FOWLR. Wasn't even finished cycling when I changed my mind again. Now I want to do a reef tank. This tank is a 50 gallon Oceanic. Just added 35 more lbs of LR so I am letting it cycle again. Here are a few pics. Man this tank looks small in pics. I swear it looks bigger in real life. What do you think of the LR design/placement? Thanks for comments... I like this forum

beaver

I like your rocks, nice looking tank all around. That stand looks sweet too. You should have lots of places to put corals with that rock. High and low spots for corals that need more/less light. looking good.

norcal

i like the rock work as well. :yes: its very original. i also dig the background blue, gives it a cool look. the only thing i would be worried about is that there isnt enough places for fish to hide. :notsure: if you are planning on a reef with just a few fishes that probably wont really matter tho. keep up the good work and keep us posted when you get some corals or whatever in there :joy:

ricks280

hi rappa nice work with your rock
, im sure your fish will love it! :hilarious
by the way, are u cycling your boots as well? :hilarious
:joy:
:D (rick)

promisetbg

I agree it does have nice rock,and looks like a good start.However,I would get that rock off the glass...it will cause problems in the future...like not being able to clean the glass around it.It's also not good to have the extra pressure against the glass.
Have fun filling it with livestock,keep us posted.And research first!

rappa

Thanks for the compliments. And no the boots are not cycled, they are "curing" down there.
As for the rock being too close to the glass, the only place that it contacts the glass is the top shelf all the way over on the left side of the tank. I can get the stick cleaner all the way around the tank no problem, as well as the magnet almost everywhere. Thanks again for the comments and I will have many more pics hopefully withing a month or so once I start adding creatures. Later...