~new tank~

d0 thy d3w

im settin up a new tank..had one before but i messed up bad and lost all..rather not talk about it..so i was wonderin..should i save up some money later to make or buy a refugium??or should i be fine with justa skimmer? i got a 29 gallon set up with a prizm deluxe skimmer...no fish or lr yet..water is mixed but i need more salt to balance out the salinity..probly buyin some tomoro..and my live sand is bein shipped as we speak.. can i cycle my tank with the sand? or should i buy some lr?? i plan adding rock later but if its neccessary ill save up and buy some..im really tioght on money tho..its hard to come by when ur 14...im planning on makin my tank more of areef than anything..small number of fish and inverts...nostly coral and such... also what kind of lights should i get and what wattage? any help would be gretaly appreciated. :notsure: :help:

keith burn

Originally Posted by d0 thy d3w
im settin up a new tank..had one before but i messed up bad and lost all..rather not talk about it..so i was wonderin..should i save up some money later to make or buy a refugium??or should i be fine with justa skimmer? i got a 29 gallon set up with a prizm deluxe skimmer...no fish or lr yet..water is mixed but i need more salt to balance out the salinity..probly buyin some tomoro..and my live sand is bein shipped as we speak.. can i cycle my tank with the sand? or should i buy some lr?? i plan adding rock later but if its neccessary ill save up and buy some..im really tioght on money tho..its hard to come by when ur 14...im planning on makin my tank more of areef than anything..small number of fish and inverts...nostly coral and such... also what kind of lights should i get and what wattage? any help would be gretaly appreciated. :notsure: :help:
Well this time go slow and it will not happen like that time.
With good skimmer will not need refugium but if you can i rec one.
Yes you can cycle with l/s only but i rec cycle all at one time l/s and l/r.
Lights 5.5 to 6 wpg will work.

d0 thy d3w

thanx for the help..also i was wonderin what fish to add first.. i know its a while away before i can add em....im thinkin about 1.5 months or so.. i dont want another nuke in my tank...and ive decided against live rock because of price, im goin with base rock since it eventually comes to life anyway..lol zombies!!...but any help would be appreciated..like what fish could i add first..but not have it be a totally dumb fish like a blue chromis..and still not spend too much on a fish that may still die...

B

bckpckr

You might want to try some different types of damsels. Jewel Damsels are really cool but pricier that other damsels. Perc. Clowns might be ok also.