new tank

gil5280

hey i just got a new 10 gal tank with normal lights and a filter (not sure if its for saltwater or fresh, if there is a difference) and i was wondering wat i need to do to just have that fish only with rock for now. i have a bio cube but that one was eassy to set sice it broght everything. tanks!

wanabebell

im not sure what your asking...sorry it could be just me....are you asking what fish for a 10 gallon...or how to set up a fish only tank???

mr_x

a simple hang on the back filter and some sea salt (plus your live rock and substrate)and you are ready to cycle it.

gil5280

thats it, its a simple 10 gallon filter that was for a fresh water tank.... i dont need a undergravel filter?

spanko

You need to clean it out really well if it was a fresh water thank. Especially if medications were used in it.

maddog0118

10 gallon is a really small saltwater tank....cant do much with it...and soon youll be wanting a little biggger...see if you can get a little bigger..youll enjoy it more

gil5280

ok so i have two 10 gallon fresh water filters, well they were used for a fresh water tank. im planing to go buy a 20 gallon and put both of thouse on there and buy a power head and LR and LS and get me started cycel;ing... is that good?

crypt keeper

get some sweet lights and correct filtration going. Buy some corrals and get black and white clown fish. look pretty sweet

gil5280

i allready have a tank with clowns lol! well i got a 50 gall freshwater tank i want to swich to salt water. it has a fish in it now but ima throw eveything in there out and how sould i clean it and the filter.
ima have an eel in there. or maybe breed clowns then get better lights idk yet, but how do i clean the tank?