new tank

murray bmf

Just wanted to post a pic of my new tank. I had a 55 gallon, but just finished transfering everything over to this 75 Gallon. I'm so excited I just had to post a pic.

murray bmf

I actually have a VHO system with 4-110 watt lights on it, this picture was taken with the lights off becuase they were affecting the camera's flash.

murray bmf

Hey Wrassecal
The stand and canopy are from Oceanic. I bought the whole thing as a set. Hey where in OK are you. I live in Norman.

wrassecal

I live in Norman too:D You're not my next door neighbor are you? Wouldn't something like that be wierd? Where did you get your tank?

murray bmf

Wrassecal
I bought it from Crystal Clear Aquatics on Flood. I live off Lindsey. I got a really good deal on it. Just added a Seabe (how ever it's spelled) and some live rock yesterday.

wrassecal

OMG! we are neighbors I live off Lindsey too! Just kidding Lindsey runs all the way across town. We live in the housing area south of Lindsey and McGee. We certainly could have run into each other at Crystal Clear though. I got my first tank from them. Actually, I get most of my stuff from them. I'm in there about 3 times a week! IMO if you are buying fish they are the absolute best in the metro area. I'll be going by there tomorrow but, I'm getting fed up with the road construction around here.
Did you use everything from your 55 in your 75? I hope your tank isn't too young for a sebae.

murray bmf

I used everything from my 55 in my 75. I had a sump tank on my 55, so I had about 65-70 gallons of water to use. I got with David from Crystal Clear for advise on the best way to move, but basically I transfered all the water and sand to the new tank, then topped it off with new salt water resulting in something like a weekly water change (65-70 gals of "mature" water with about 10 gallons of "new" water). Waited a few days then I added my sump and again added new water to top it off. All of the fish and corals seems to be doing great. We probably have run into each other, I or my wife are in Crystal Clear at least once a week

wrassecal

Certainly sounds like you know what you are doing.. Is your tank RR? I can't tell from the pic. If not I'd be interested in how you did your sump. Our 135 i not RR and we are about ready to add the sump/refugium.

murray bmf

I used an overflow box I got from a store in town and an Amiricle sump tank. I'm not sure which models they are because I bought them used. As a return pump I have a Mag 7. I used PVC pipes for the spary bar. .

murray bmf

Finally, heres the spray bar. It used to run all the way across the the top of the tank on the 55 gal. This is only half of the actual bar. I removed the other half when I set the 75 gal up becuase it wouldn't fit right the way it was. I just haven't made it to the store to get more PVC to set up. It puts out a lot of pressure and moves the water around quite well.

lkpatterson

Just wanted to say hey! I'm from Norman as well. I have the same tank also except it's rr. Got it from crystal clear aquatics. Take care.