New to corals

wpayton34

What do corals feed off of?? Is it just lights or are u suppost to spot feed them meats? I have a Mushroom Polyp - Green Ricordea off this site and i was wondering what do i feed it or does it feed off of light??

seahorsecu

Most you feed them phtoplankton. (Did I spell that right?) It is a powder that goes in your fridge. They do also need a strong light system.

mopar9012

You should be alright without feeding them. I mean you can if you want but be careful not to over feed. You can feed the some plankton.
I have a 29 gallon tank with numbers or corals and a clam. A lot of people said thet I dont need to feed my tank anything. The right lighting should do it. I have 175Ws of MH but PC lighting is fine too.

seahorsecu

Originally Posted by mopar9012
You should be alright without feeding them. I mean you can if you want but be careful not to over feed. You can feed the some plankton.
I have a 29 gallon tank with numbers or corals and a clam. A lot of people said thet I dont need to feed my tank anything. The right lighting should do it. I have 175Ws of MH but PC lighting is fine too.
i hav noticed that the phyto p. has been extremely helpful in the growth and health of my corals. if u do do it put the tiny spoonful of it directly in the tank.

seahorsecu

Originally Posted by wpayton34
ok well thanks people once agian u helped me out.

well thanks for caring about the quality of your pets health! goodnight!

wpayton34

one more question. DO u guys suggest a protien skimmer?? If so i have a 24 gallon Nano JBJ, what kind of skimmer would u recommend for that.

mopar9012

they should tell you what size tank it will pump. I dont know much about the jbj nanos.
I just have a standard 29 glass tank and have a hang on the back skimmer