new to corals

burch2006

I am about to get a few corals and I have a couple of questions. first are the corals like fish? Meaning if you add like 3 of them to your tank at one time are you going to mess with the even balance already developed? My question for that is because i'm thinking of making a purchase here because of phenomenal luck in previous orders with fish, but if I purchase from here obviously I'd be buying a couple corals and a couple of fish.
2nd Aside from a calcium test kit and normal test kits is there anything else thats needed to be purchased?
3rd how safe is it to cement new corals onto the rock, and whats the best stuff? And where do I get it. And does the cement harm your tank?
Water params good. I have pc lighting for a 55 so im going like zoo's and softies. Thanks for the help

reefforbrains

Quantity- Adding a few at once is no issue. It is when they slime up or get finicky that adding large amounts can become dangerous. Water quality is paramount but should not be hurt by multiple addittions at once.
test kits-
For Coral you should have the BASIC as-
Cal
Alk
Phos
PH
Nitrate
Nitriate
Ammonia
Iodine* Good to have but considered optional by most
Copper* "" ""
Mag* "" ""
Cement-

Super glue gel. No the cement wont harm your tank. Use in small doses and keep track of where you are putting it. Wont hurt anything, just loose glue floats in water and can land in unwanted places.
Water specs= X.X% -or-
water specs= completley unknown
No such reading as "Good"....although you will surf around these boards and see "Perfect" over and over again.

I've put as many as 12 in my tank at one time. No problem with multiples.
Those test kits are fine but to much testing is a bad thing. If your parameters are off a little you'll want to change things fast and that is bad.
You can also us putty designed for the aquarium, I hate it but it is another option.

nycbob

most corals u buy will come on a live rock. over time, the zoas and softies will attach to nearby rocks anyway. i dont glue anything except frags.