New to hobby just bought 250g tank

Alright hi guys and gals
I'm not new to this hobby but I havent been in the hobby for 5 yrs so I guess I would classify as new for now I just finished buying a 250g reef ready tank stand and canopy and would like to hear what ideas you guys have for this large tank and I will be documenting everything from beginning and on with pics and all.it will be a reef tank but want to see your ideas are
when I was in the trade yrs ago I had a 175g oceanic bow front reef tank 340 lbs of live rocks. Spent more than a grand on just the lights to the tank the tank had the whole nine yards one of the shrimps wer pregnant the starfish wer having babies the emerald crabs as well the tank was perfect it was up about 2 yrs my tank got a crack from me trying to get a mushroom and left the trade do to finances. Iv decided to go bigger and stay with just 1 reef tank this time and I learned lot from that tank

J

jesusb

Sounds like a very fun project! :)
Im also working on my reef tank but mine is a 43 long lol

It's all good it matters more the time you put into your tank and that you love what your doing because you can do so much in a reef tank but the bigger the more you can do and they are so interesting
Keep us posted on your project

The tank I bought is 5 ft by 3 ft and is a little taller than 2 ft, I plan on putting about 300 lbs of live rock in the middle and making a nice formation I plan on getting a guy to do the setup so I cant say what exactly will be in ther but like I told him I don't need a rollsroice but I don't want a ford somewhere in the middle

I'm on vacation right now not to mention I don't know if I know how to post a pic here ill try it but I would be able to post a pick of the tank stand and canopy only for now I'll get a guy to set it up when I get back which will b soon

I really want to put a blue chin triggerfish in the reef since it's the best of all the triggers and a long nose butterflyfish but the butterflyfish I saw in a book that if it has black spots in it's chin/belly that it is excellent for reefs and it said that it if it doesn't have any black spots that it eats some corals Iv read that the blue chin does eat some inverts but iv read that if the blue chin is small and the let's say shrimp is full grown and introduced first that you should be good but like in fish each one is different

Ok I came back from vacation got real busy and then had to go on a vacation to work but was able to take some days off for a mini vacation but mainly did it for work and unexpected more work popped up while I was here in Orlando I extended the stay another 2 days and should be getting back this fri and plan on putting up pics of the tank during the following week
Sorry guys for taking so long to even put up a pic of just the tank