New to hobby

dancinfish

Hello,
I've been reading and enjoying all the information. I was wondering if anyone has heard or had experience with the wall aquariums? I've been considering a SW wall aquarium. the dimensions are 7 ft length and 31" wide and 6" Deep. They state that I can add live rock, but I don't know about coral. Any recommendations would be helpful. BTW, the condo HOA will only allow a 30 gal tank so I'm not sure what types of fish I could have if I was interested in a reef setup with fish and coral.
Thank you for assistance.

bigb

Originally Posted by DancinFish
Hello,
I've been considering a SW wall aquarium. the dimensions are 7 ft length and 31" wide and 6" Deep. BTW, the condo HOA will only allow a 30 gal tank ....
Thank you for assistance.

Those dimensions give me over 60 gallons, so somethings not right if it's advertised as 30 gal tank?
LxWxHx0.00433=67.65gal

dancinfish

Maybe this will clear it up. here's the exact measurements.
84"W x 31"H x 6"D and they've advertise it as a 30 gallon wall aquarium.

bigb

Originally Posted by DancinFish
Maybe this will clear it up. here's the exact measurements.
84"W x 31"H x 6"D and they've advertise it as a 30 gallon wall aquarium.
LOL I know that 7ft is 84"
that still gives: 84x31x6=15624 cu inches. convert to gallons by multipling by 0.00433 and you get 67.65192. I was able to find an epage ad and couldn't tell if they are trying to do the specs for the 4ft model cause the 30 gal is listed under that. Regardless, IMO 6" doesnt leave much room to place a whole lot of anything into the tank, let alone give the fish room to turn around. Do a search for nanocubes, I have seen some very impressive set ups and you could get 24 gallon size which would be under your rule limit.