new to reef tanks need help

marinebgnr

hi i about 3 months ago i started a reef tank i have a 20 gallon with a bio wheel and a small powerhead and i have a 65 watt odyssea compact ligh and i havcve 8-10 lbs of live rock. my inhabitants are a mushrooom a brain coral 3 turbo snail a electric clam, a rock anemone a fake pericula a tomato clown a damsel and two crabs and brown looking anenomes what do u reccomend for my tank to be a succesful reef tank. :help:

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by marinebgnr
hi i about 3 months ago i started a reef tank i have a 20 gallon with a bio wheel and a small powerhead and i have a 65 watt odyssea compact ligh and i havcve 8-10 lbs of live rock. my inhabitants are a mushrooom a brain coral 3 turbo snail a electric clam, a rock anemone a fake pericula a tomato clown a damsel and two crabs and brown looking anenomes what do u reccomend for my tank to be a succesful reef tank. :help:
Removing one of your clowns would be best!!! Brown looking anemones? Aiptasia? You should check on that brain often! Any powerheads in there?? :happyfish

iluvreefs

Originally Posted by marinebgnr
I would also recommend taking the bio wheel out since they like to make the nitro lvl's elevate. What kind of powerhead is it? Not necessarily looking at the brand, but how much flow does it produce. Also, where in the tank compared to the lighting is the corals? High, low etc. I'm surprised and impressed at your stock for only being 3 months old. Mine's 3 months old too, but I haven't introduced any corals yet. My other question is do you have a quarentine tank set up in case you need it. I was told to put my newly bought fish in it for a month to make sure they are clear of any parasites or disease. I wish you all the luck in the world.