New To The Board, MY 125

Im new to the forums, from the Kansas City area. Ive got a custom oceanic 125rr. A single overflow box in the back left corner. Its drilled for a closed loop but I dont use it currently. Mag 7 return I run 3x 250w MH and currently 1 54w t5 actinic. Ive got a ss125 skimmer which uses an upgraded pump so skims rather effectively but could definately be better. Dark oak stand and canopy and a 29g sump.
This is a few shots of the day I added the livestock from my old 75g so they are a bit cloudy..
Full tank

Some of my favorite lords

left to right

right to left

random

another random

these are some coral shots from a couple days after setting up and allowing the water to clear up..
zoos, candy cane, lil hair algae on a frag disc for the tang to munch on lol

zoos, paly's (those orange ones really came out weird in the picture so before Im asked no they dont really glow haha

Blasto

riccordea, just one of the polyps that float aimlessly through the tank

not super sure what this is.. i assume seriatapora?

acans, one looks washed out but more purplish in person, other is orange crush

alien eye chalice

frogspawn with potters wrasse zoomin by

zoos

gbta and my maroon clown lovin it

one of my two potters wrasse's, fungia (plate coral), rics in back

random frags

more random frag shots including some tiny lil bits of superman thats encrusted to my rock in front of the tiny green frag

leopard and potter wrasse behind brain

potters wrasse

maelv

Good.....now I can keep track of your progress on here, since this is where I spend most of my time anyhow....
Warlock changes tanks more than anyone I know...so this thread will probably be finished in a couple of weeks....ha ha ha ha...just kidding....
He always has nice looking tanks...no doubt this will be awesome in the upcoming months....has a couple of nice stores in the area...so I look forward to seeing a killer tank and a few corals you will be shipping to me when they are fraggable....LOL

hey now the reef tank has always been there its the fish only systems that I switched up way to often. I doubt that Ill be doing another of those real soon but who knows.
no doubt I'll be sending some frags your way. I visited cathy's finally and have got to say her selection of top notch stuff is better than anyone else in the area. to bad its nearly a 2 hour drive for me. Ill probably be up there every couple weeks blowing money lol. she has some micromussa frags ive got my eye on right now. If she had a setup the size of pats I can only imagine how much nice stuff she'd have. anywho Ill stick around these boards probably and make updates every now and again.
Right now Id like to get my hands on some more zoos and a few select sps pieces to really get the 125 kicked off right

ccampbell57

Warlock - welcome to SWF.com! Your tank is wonderful looking. I love the rock work in there. Cant wait to see what you add next. Your Lords are freaking amazing.
With the coloration of your light you should put in a RTBA to pop the red!

thanks everyone!
and ccampbell- Looks like we have the same idea! an rbta is already a planned addition, soon as I get one Ill have pics up I'm sure.

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by warlock_king
thanks everyone!
and ccampbell- Looks like we have the same idea! an rbta is already a planned addition, soon as I get one Ill have pics up I'm sure.
It is too bad you are not in Denver, there is a LFS that is selling the craziest Sunburst Anemonies. I think in trade they call these things Orange Bubble tips, but the color is irridescent. They are awesome!
I think a deep red color RBTA would look unreal in your tank.

Ive got my eye on a nice red one. should be able to scoop it up pretty soon. an orange one would be amazing to have but unless I get one local it probably wont happen. O well to many anemones could really mess my tank up anyway. wind up stinging all my lps to death lol

Couple of new pickups from yesterday.. got some real nice stuff
The two on the left are my new pickups. one is micromussa of course the other Im not sure is a purple tint with green mouths maybe an echino? store didnt know for sure. on the right side are what was called cotton candy micromussa (who knows what the real name is..) and my alien eye chalice both of which ive had for some time.

and I also got a nice ultra crocea, pic doesnt really do justice but its very nice

Ill never telllll......
just kidding got em at cathy's man. Ill be gettin two more frags of micromussa and some hot pink/blue rimmed chalice in the real near future as well.. ;)