New to the forum, here is my 180 and 115

flower

Wow, really beautiful, that's some kinda awesome stand...Welcome to the site!
It looks pretty new...Is this your first SW tank? What type of fish are you going for?
Just in case this is your first time around...You need more rock in there, and some power heads from what I can tell from the picture. The spray bars are great if you are going with delicate fish like seahorses. Once you put in more rock, you will need the power heads to blow them off and keep them clean. The rock and the wave are the most important items in a SW tank. Judging from your FW tank you already know quite a bit on the very basics of cycling and such.
I sort of don't undestand the little refrigerator. I'm impressed that you need only one shelf for your water tests and it's well hidden. LOL..I have three shelves of fish stuff next to my tank, a bucket of fish tank extras under the kitchen sink, and in my bedroom shelf that I dig into often, and the garage is full of odds and ends. My 37g water changing tub is in a corner of my kitchen....I have a fish house and I live with them, not the other way around.

sweatervest13

Quote:
I have a fish house and I live with them, not the other way around.
Fantastic!! I love this Flower!!
Fish room, fish house, what ever it takes. LOL.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/395286/new-to-the-forum-here-is-my-180-and-115#post_3519012
Fantastic!! I love this Flower!!
Fish room, fish house, what ever it takes. LOL.
LOL...I was so impressed with how beautiful our new members house looks in the picture. My house has fish stuff in every room except my mothers and the bathroom. I even have empty buckets on the porch and (was) live rock now being dried out on the table out there.

fst4wrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395286/new-to-the-forum-here-is-my-180-and-115#post_3519011
Wow, really beautiful, that's some kinda awesome stand...Welcome to the site!
It looks pretty new...Is this your first SW tank? What type of fish are you going for?
Just in case this is your first time around...You need more rock in there, and some power heads from what I can tell from the picture. The spray bars are great if you are going with delicate fish like seahorses. Once you put in more rock, you will need the power heads to blow them off and keep them clean. The rock and the wave are the most important items in a SW tank. Judging from your FW tank you already know quite a bit on the very basics of cycling and such.
I sort of don't undestand the little refrigerator. I'm impressed that you need only one shelf for your water tests and it's well hidden. LOL..I have three shelves of fish stuff next to my tank, a bucket of fish tank extras under the kitchen sink, and in my bedroom shelf that I dig into often, and the garage is full of odds and ends. My 37g water changing tub is in a corner of my kitchen....I have a fish house and I live with them, not the other way around.
First SW tank, 4 months old, fish only. Dogface, Foxface, 2 MGS clowns, blue jaw and niger triggers so far. Thinking a pink tail trigger and then finish with some sort of angel by the end of the year.
Have good movement on top with the power head and dual canisters (no spray bar). Have 200lbs of rock and thought that was enough until I put it in the tank and it looked empty. Wife did not want fish food in her freezer so bought the fridge and built the cabnet.
I've had fresh water tanks for a while (115 in family room and 55 in bedroom)

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/395286/new-to-the-forum-here-is-my-180-and-115#post_3519077
If i had 3 teens in my house - id have one clean house!!
LOL...Spoken by the man with one little baby!
Teens and tornados have much in common. LOL..Now I'm double impressed, I had three as well. From my experience, teens are unable to pick up after themselves without a fight. Then the other problem... keeping the furniture in one piece. My kids (and friends) leaned back in the kitchen chairs, after the 3rd set my husband decided we would wait until they moved out before getting anymore. The sofa was used as an extra bed. The last little darling moved out at age 23.
NOW I can say, I have a home. Before that I just barely had a place to live, and developed a strong attachment to the Almighty for strength to go on day after day. I wouldn't wish a teenager on anyone.
Kids are awesome at the little ages, and they are people to be proud of when they reach adulthood...but that in between is one rough ride.

fst4wrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/395286/new-to-the-forum-here-is-my-180-and-115#post_3519098
LOL...Spoken by the man with one little baby!
Teens and tornados have much in common. LOL..Now I'm double impressed, I had three as well. From my experience, teens are unable to pick up after themselves without a fight. Then the other problem... keeping the furniture in one piece. My kids (and friends) leaned back in the kitchen chairs, after the 3rd set my husband decided we would wait until they moved out before getting anymore. The sofa was used as an extra bed. The last little darling moved out at age 23.
NOW I can say, I have a home. Before that I just barely had a place to live, and developed a strong attachment to the Almighty for strength to go on day after day. I wouldn't wish a teenager on anyone.
Kids are awesome at the little ages, and they are people to be proud of when they reach adulthood...but that in between is one rough ride.
Too funny and so true.... Pick up after themselves ????? House cleaning day is the day of "Why do I have to do that", "I did it last time" , "my brother made that mess", "Its not my garage, I dont even have a car", "Im never in that bathroom", and the best weekly quote that all 3 of my boys use is "my room is'nt as messy as his".

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FsT4WrD http:///t/395286/new-to-the-forum-here-is-my-180-and-115#post_3519121
Too funny and so true.... Pick up after themselves ????? House cleaning day is the day of "Why do I have to do that", "I did it last time" , "my brother made that mess", "Its not my garage, I dont even have a car", "Im never in that bathroom", and the best weekly quote that all 3 of my boys use is "my room is'nt as messy as his".
LOL...All that endless energy and strength is wasted on the youth. We should start out old and grow young. That way when we finally have the energy, we will know what to do with it constructively. My son's wife complained that Mark will go play football all day with his friends on the weekend, and claim he is too tired to lift a finger to do anything else around the house. Then when somebody asks for help with the car or go to Lowe's, away he goes jumping, wrestling and high fiving all the way. ............................Maybe they don't grow up after all...they just get married and drive their mates crazy instead of their parents.