New To This

martinc909

I just got 2 damsels yesterday. I have a 48" Power Glo. How long do I have to have the light on. I was thinking on getting a triple tube light with the Pwr Glo Marine Glo and a 10k.
CAN I PUT A HUMU HUMU TRIGGER AND A DWARF LIONFISH WITH A YELLOW TANG TOGETHER on my 55 gallon fo tank. And can I have crabs, shrimp, snails, and the whole cleaning crew with a humu humu and a dwarf?

martinc909

Yes It's Been Up And Running Since Thanksgiving. I Have 60lbs Of Live Sand And About 40lbs Of Live Rock. Just Yesterday I Found A Snail On My Rock.

jumpfrog

That's a lot of fish to add at once and you'll get differing opionions from folks on the tang.
I personally think a yellow will do fine in a 55. Kept mine happy in a 72, 4' as well for several years.
As for the inverts. Nope! They'll be meals for both the huma and lion.
If you decide to go with combination be careful with your adding sequence. The huma should be last one in. I'd go tang, lion and huma in that order.
Good Luck!

rlmabry

The trigger may get to big for that size of tank. The tang should be fine. I would really think about getting aggresive fish for the simple fact you may want to start a reef tank later on.

az

Originally Posted by rlmabry
The trigger may get to big for that size of tank. The tang should be fine. I would really think about getting aggresive fish for the simple fact you may want to start a reef tank later on.

I hope you was meaning non-aggresive fish for a reef system?
And as for mixing fish as they want to do please read up and see what goes with what. Alot of questions in this site can be answered with a little study time.