New Update!!

jayc

I thought post some pics of my 55. Its really starting to come along. I've got a couple more fish I'm planning on adding and then its going to be coral time!! :cheer:
first is a Full room shot.

next is a Full tank shot

next is my Foxface

next is a close up of my foxface

next is my lawnmower perching at the top of a rock

next is another pic of my lawnmower

Josh

devildog01

YAYYYYYYY!!! Thanks for posting those Josh!!!! What other fish are you planning on adding? What types of corals do u wanna get? Are you going to get an anemone for the clowns?

jayc

more :happyfish
my sandsifter half on rock and half on sand

green zoo's

stairburst polyps

my royal gramma

my clown who for some odd reason everyone calls "Nemo"

One of my turbo snails

Josh

jayc

more

a duster cluster lol

my emerald crab

lawnmower hidding

some coralline algea finally starting to grow

my tank whenever I first set it up. (It sure has come along way!)

Please give me some feedback on how it looks, and what I can do to improve it. Hope everyone enjoys!
Josh

devildog01

Looks great. Since your starting to get SOME coralline algae-try PurpleUp. I have heard GREAT things about it!!

jayc

Thanks alot Adam!
Right now I have:
-1 foxface lo
-1 nemo clown
-1 royal gramma
-1 lawnmower blenny
-1 cleaner shrimp
-1 sand sifter stairfish
-lots of snails & crabs
the only for sure fish I plan on adding is:
-another clown
-and once I upgrade to a bigger tank (75 0r 90) I might add a hippo tang
For corals I plan on adding alittle bit of everything, but mostly lps, and solfties. I'm prombly not going to get a anenome because I think its to much of a risk with corals. I was just being sarcastic about my clown being called nemo.

jayc

My best friend that works at the LFS I go to recomended me reef advantage magnesium, made by Seachem. The reson I didnt get purple up, was becuse it has other additives in it that I'm already adding separate.

devildog01

All magnesium does is helps prevent premature calcium precipitation and helps stabilize PH and alkalinity. It doesnt really do anything to help coralline algae grow. You could get the hippo now small and if you have the 75 or 90 in 1-2 years you'll be fine!! PurpleUp does add stuff your already adding, but it doesnt add that stuff to an excessive amount-I would buy it.

devildog01

Just get the anemone before you get too many corals so it can get situated so it wont move-it will be happy, and then corals will be fine.

cda fish

wow very nice looks like your doing a great job and you love your tank.. its kinda funny how we take pictures of our tank like its a brand new baby.. well I guess our tanks our babies.. good luck and keep us updated :joy:

jayc

Thanks alot cda fish!! Yea we do take oics of our tanks like they're lettle newborn babbies. lol
Josh

adam747

Guess what Josh? I GOT ME A HIPPO TANG TODAY!!! Dont worry, hes going in the 125 when I get it. He is a BABY. I named her Dory, go figure. I will take pics in a bit, shes eating just kinda skinny. She just got out of quarantine at the LFS so I didnt quarantine her, in fact when I got her she was just about to put her in the display tank from the q-tank when I said I wanted her. Just thought you'd like to know. And, about the new user name-one word, Vietboi. He got mad at me and he knew my password (helped me a while back on an old avatar) and he screwed up my settings so I had to make a new account.

saltyguy

looks really good JayC. It will look even better when your coraline kicks in and you get all the greens and purples all over your rock and glass.

jayc

Cool, adam! Cant wait to see pics!
Thanks saltyguy! I cant wait for the coralline algea to start growing either!!
Josh