New Upgrades coming Couple of Questions

ak_reefer

Well I am upgrading my system a little here and I have a couple of questions. I will be upgrading my lights. I am taking out my pair of 55w PC and adding a 4X95w of VHO to go along with my 2X96w PC. My question is I dont want a huge algea bloom so how should I go about keeping it down to a min. I will aslo be adding a CPR Refugium the one that hangs on the back. Will a 2X13w PC be enough lighting for it or will I need more. I will be removing My aquaclear 350 box filter will so I can add on the Refugium will this cause any problem? Thanks for your time and sorry this is so long.

q

Gradually increase your photoperiod over a couple of weeks on the VHO's until they are where you want them. You need to do it anyways to acclimate the corals.
I would start off at 2 hours for a couple of days then increase every other day. Watch the tank to see by how much and how often.

m1rodrig

AK hows your flower pot doing how long have you had it?I would like to have one in the future but have read nothing but how hard they are to keep.

ak_reefer

Hey Q,
Thanks for the advice. Any idea about the Refugium is 2X13w good enough lighting.
m1,
I have had my flower pot for about 7 months. It is doing great has grown since I have purchased it. I feed it live brine shrimp and dose with Phytoplex seems to be working for me.

m1rodrig

It looks great!The views of the mountains are also magnificent.Maybe one day I'll be able to get out of Miami and see some of the real country!!