New Video: My 135g Mixed Reef

drew2005

Very well done! Stunning! That anemone is sick.
Man i could sit in front of that tank all day, with some cold ones and just relax.

pbnj

There are two more RBTAs in the upper right-hand corner in the back.
As for the tank....
My System: 135g, Apex Lite Controller, (4) Lumenarc Mini Reflectors w/250W 14K Plusrite MHs on Lumatek dimmable ballasts, (2) 72" VHO T12 Super Actinics on an IceCap 660 ballast, DigiKits LED moonlights, Deltec AP851 protein skimmer with Eheim 1260 feed pump, JBJ 1/3 HP chiller, 30g Precision Marine sump, Mag-Drive 18 return pump, Lifereef Dual Overflow Box, BRS Carbon Filter, (2) Koralia 8's, and (2) BRS 2-Part Dosing Pumps (BRS Soda Ash and Seachem Reef Complete).
Lighting Schedule: VHOs = 8:00am to 10:00pm; MHs = 11:00am-6:00pm; LED Moonlights = 10:00pm-5:00am
Feeding Schedule
: Fish are fed New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets twice/day with an automatic Eheim feeder and some red Nori sheets once/week. No target feeding of corals or anemones.
Skimming Schedule
: Skimmer only run 12hrs/day (9:00am-9:00pm)

E

eric b 125

How do you like the auto feeder? I've been rotating my feedings b/w a sheet of nori one day and a cube of frozen the next. Really, I don't feed every day, more like 4 X a week, but I rotate. I also don't rinse out the frozen food and have noticed some red slime algae in undesirable places in my tank. I take it the auto feeder is enough to keep your tangs happy b/w algae sheets?

pbnj

All the fish in the tank regularly feed on the pellets. The tangs spend lots of time picking/cleaning algae from the back glass and rocks (I don't have much of a clean-up crew). Of course, I try not to get too close to the tank when I drop-in the Nori sheets because it gets a little crazy in there.
FYI, the Sgt Major and Townsend Angel always eat first. I've had my Purple Tang for over 3 years.
Frozen foods are bad enough, but no rinsing? That's just asking for cyano/algae problems. Flake foods sometimes contain phosphates; even if they don't, they breakdown/decompose in your tank faster than pellets.

drew2005

That reminds me, I have to empty the recycling bin next to the couch. :))):
Redeem them. More cash for coral lol