New website design

zippy

Hey, I really like the site, but one suggestion. Give a button to cut off the music. It kinda wears on the nerves after a while.
The organization is cool. Nice tanks.

kreach

Originally posted by Zippy
Hey, I really like the site, but one suggestion. Give a button to cut off the music. It kinda wears on the nerves after a while.
The organization is cool. Nice tanks.

LOL... I've been considering taking the music off completely. It only plays once though.

quack

Very nice! What proggies did u use to dev. it? I'm just learning webdisign and am setting up a site with a few webcams etc...
ps I like the music myself and would vote to leave it!!:jumping:

kreach

Originally posted by Kipass4130
i love the cup coral.... i had one almost identical to it that i lost during the heater failure... i miss that coral... hadnt seen another one like it until i saw yours.

I was really sorry to hear about your tank crash from the heater failure when it happened. I know how much that sucks... happened to our tank once a long time ago.
Originally posted by Kipass4130

oh yeah...and do you really have 50ppm NO3... or is that a typo?

Unfortunately, that's not a typo. When we tested the water on 11/2, nitrates in the 175 were at 50 ppm. :eek:
We've since been taking steps to reduce the nitrates. I just haven't been real good about updating that portion of the site. :nervous:
UPDATE/EDIT: Nitrates are down to 5 ppm. :jumping:

kreach

Originally posted by Quack
Very nice! What proggies did u use to dev. it? I'm just learning webdisign and am setting up a site with a few webcams etc...
ps I like the music myself and would vote to leave it!!:jumping:

I used Microsoft Frontpage to design it. I know some HTML, but I'm lazy... Frontpage makes things easy. :D

quack

been using frontpage 2003 for a few days now. Getting the hang of it!!! I'm thinking of paying a designer to get me goin with a nice flash page etc that i could edit in FP and expand as necessary.

kreach

I'd also like to point out that the 175 tank that everyone is so impressed with is my husband's tank (SquishyFish). I can only take credit for the website, not the tank...

quack

Originally posted by kreach
Thanks everyone for your compliments... and the music has been removed.
:D

i liked da tunes!!!!

dcel22

been using frontpage 2003 for a few days now. Getting the hang of it!!! I'm thinking of paying a designer to get me goin with a nice flash page etc that i could edit in FP and expand as necessary.

I don't know if I could help but here are a few sample layouts that I have done http://www.msu.edu/~tatange2/ and also here is a sample layout that I did for my tank real quick yesterday. http://www.msu.edu/~tatange2/fishTank This is just a hobby and I would not expect much, even some "hobby trades" would be cool with me....anyway email me at joetatangelo@hotmail.com if you might be interested. This is also open to anyone else that would like some form of displaying their tank.
Note: These are not the actual sites, just the layouts, so the links inside the pages don't work... :)

dcel22

thanks for the offer. Will be in touch!

Just let me know either way. The sooner the better since I am on Christmas vacation from college. I am sure we can come up with something neat. Thank you.