New white Xenia!

farmboy

THis is a new aquisition. It came from a SW freak by way of the LFS (trade in). So, this little fella is tank raised. It seems pretty healthy. The day after we put it in, it was standing straight up. It pulsed almost from the moment we put it in the tank!
Just thought I would share. Oh, and we got a nudi, too.

mudplayerx

Both very nice-looking. I'm going to have to get a nudi soon. Make sure you cover all your intakes very well so that the nudi doesn't get sucked in. I lost two gorgeous anemones that way :(

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by Farmboy
THanks for the heads up, Mud man. I think I got it covered. Say, Mud, do you have white Xenia as well? I thought that you have some of the "silver". Does it spread like the silver?
I have peach-colored xenia that has very long tentacles and stalks. Beyond that I'm not sure of the scientific name. The white kind that you have spreads like wildfire too given the right conditions. Theres a thread somewhere of someone's tank literally covered by the white kind. I think all xenia spreads like a weed.
I really wish they would get some of the white xenia over here. I recenty got a huge organ pipe coral and it made me realize how much I'm starting to fall in love with corals that don't sting. So much less to worry about than my flowerpots, anemones, & galaxea.

farmboy

Maybe I'll just bring you some. :thinking: YOu know, there is a custom aquarium store in Tenn. They make a glass-220 gallon. I want it. It is 8 feet long!! SHazam! :jumping:
Can you picture the tangs just cruisin' in that tank? Oh yeah. . . :happyfish
:happyfish
:happyfish

agoutihead

i thought pretty much all super bright colored nudis were unable to be kept in an aquarium because of their specialized diet.... which i forgot what it was... sponges i believe?

jabbajaw

Hello Farmboy, I noticed you have had quite a selection of frags. I am a new reefer in Lexington looking for others in the area to buy from and later trade with.

dogstar

The xenia could be Xenia umbellata and the nudi could be Hypselodoris bullockii, they feed on Xeniids.
just kidding...looks nice.

farmboy

Thanks Dogstar!
Hey Jabba, I'm wanting to trade some more. I was kinda putting it off because of the colder weather. I may get some good heat packs and try a few. Shipping to Lex would be pretty quick. I have recieved things that were packed well, they just got too cold and turned to "snot".
Shoot me an email, Jabba.
greengatefarm@netzero.com

agoutihead

i thought pretty much all super bright colored nudis were unable to be kept in an aquarium because of their specialized diet.... which i forgot what it was... sponges i believe?

bonebrake

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
I have peach-colored xenia that has very long tentacles and stalks. Beyond that I'm not sure of the scientific name.
Xenia elongata