New yellow cup

jlm

Well I traded my huge colt today for a yellow cup. I love the cup but feel alittle bad about seeing the colt go. I really needed the space though. It took up two feet in my 72 gal. I did take three frags from it but I always get frustrated trying to get them to attach to a rock. My tanks is going to look alittle of balance to me for awhile. And I'm going to have to buy another piece of live rock because my colt was on at least a 3 pound piece. I just thought I'd share that with everyone. I'll post some pictures soon.

jlm

Well I'm finally getting around to posting what the new cup looks like. I'm alittle sad to see the tank without the colt. I did keep three frags from the colt. I just have to try to get them to mount. That's always my hardest part. Anyway here is a picture of the cup the first day I put it in the tank.

jlm

here is a recent today shot of the cup. The color is not as pretty. I don't think. And the polyps don't come out as much as I think they are supposed to. What do you think?

mbowker

it isnt open all the way, it looks like its trying, it should come out twice that much, when it is completly out you cant see any of the base

900dublr

Im pretty sure you could run a needle with a fairly heavy fishing line through the colt to attach it to a rock. The cup looks nice. :happy: