Newbe

kiriokool

How often do you change your water, and how? Do you just take about an inch out for a 10 gal then put new water in and check the salinity.
Also how often do you check PH and salinity?
I am a newbe i need some help.

E

essop3

Pre-mix any water for water changes. Adjust salinity, pH and temp to match your tank before you add it. I'd change 2g a week. Be sure to use fresh water (no salt) for evaporation top off.
Check salinity daily in a 10g. pH weekly.

ruaround

water changes are up to you % and frequency... as far as how: syphon the % you want out and replace with new water mix... evap top off do not count... IMO depends on your set up... do as essopp3 posted, but aerate and mix for atleast 24 hours on your water change mixed water...
are you running a 10gal setup???

mr_bill

I premix water on Saturday, then add on Sunday using two 5gallon buckets once a week. Use one bucket to siphon off 4 gallons, and the other for the prep'd water. Super fast and has worked great for me.

kiriokool

Originally Posted by ruaround
water changes are up to you % and frequency... as far as how: syphon the % you want out and replace with new water mix... evap top off do not count... IMO depends on your set up... do as essopp3 posted, but aerate and mix for atleast 24 hours on your water change mixed water...
are you running a 10gal setup???
yea i am running a 10gal setup. thanks for all the help