newbee!

sharkee

bought my first live rock sunday with one featherduster attached whilr the other was picked up of another rock. the later had been open since , while moving it around i felt it moving in there. is my feather duster alive or dying or just stressed from the trip? the other one seem sto be ok although it was left on the rock and covered with wet papper... please help! tnx

kirk

Where did you buy your live rock, how many pounds did you buy and add to the aquarium

The feather duster is a worm the tube is to protect is. So if its moving it is very much alive.
Originally posted by SHARKEE:
bought my first live rock sunday with one featherduster attached whilr the other was picked up of another rock. the later had been open since , while moving it around i felt it moving in there. is my feather duster alive or dying or just stressed from the trip? the other one seem sto be ok although it was left on the rock and covered with wet papper... please help! tnx

sharkee

Originally posted by kirk:
Where did you buy your live rock, how many pounds did you buy and add to the aquarium

i live in montreal, i had established my aquarium in november. sunday i added a 4lbs live rock with two more feather dusters that i bought from quebec city

kirk

Cool, add a little more live rock if you can afford it, it really helps with natural biological filtration, but just add little amounts at a time a gradually build up to 20 30 lbs. , maybe build some caves when you get enough, this way your fish will become less stressed and it will resemble there natural habitat. make sure it is fully cured.

sharkee

thanks to one and all for posting their reply. feather dusters seem to be ok although some of them haven't opened in a while! merci beaucoup...