newbie fish choice help

mac3

:confused::help: Hi, just starting out, have a 75 gallon tank. what would be some good, colorful fish to go with for a beginner. will have live sand and rock. with hob protein skimmer.
also i am putting on the remora skimmer will i need any thing else with it.
thanks, John

lefty

A pair of ocellaris or percula clownfish are definite winners. You may want to look into the different types of gobies as well. Some of them, such as the Yellow Watchman Goby and Firefish, are favorites among hobbyists. :)
-lefty

meltonius

Just to throw my ten cents in. I have a yellow tang, scopas tang, tomato clown, coral beauty, and arc-eyed hawkfish. All of these are very hardy fish. I had to move the yellow tang, clown and hawkfish with my tank and they survived until I could set up my tank after the move. I have these in a 55 gallon and enjoy watching all of them intereact. Good luck with your decision on what to get!

G

gobyboy06

What kind of lighting are you planning to use for your tank i didnt see anything about it in your question.lol. :)

teresaq

here are a few i am adding to my 55.
firefish gobby,
bi-color blenny
royal gramma
2 percula clowns
good luck

mac3

thanks everyone for the reply back. all those fish sound great to start with.
the lights i am going to use are metal Halide. i guess thats what thwey are called. came with the tank and stand. got the stuff used.
how should i have these lights set up for a FOWLR tank.
i do not know any thing about lights. how many to have on. or for how long. also there is a blue light with them. 4 long bulbs in a canopy.
thanks, John