Newbie here

S

saltfishweseek

Hiya all,
I have a odd question, we have just got into saltwater fish, within the last 6 weeks, and just by chance, my whole family have been sick.
Now I personally don't think it's related, but the wife did some research online, and said it could be possible..
Now I am the only one mainly handling all the process in this project, and I was wondering if anyone knew if people can get sick from having saltwater tanks?
We have 2 tanks, 1- 100 gallon, and 1-55 gallon.
No fish as of yet, just time and money getting things in correct order , and was wondering if I may need to look further..
My youngest son-5- has been sick on and off since before Christmas, and everyone in the house-7- of US, have had comewhat Flu/Cold Symthons..
Any help or knowledge of such would be great..
Sorry for the ramble...

renogaw

if anything, the added moisture in the air should help...
it's flu season hehe, that's what i'd look at first.

coastie5685

de-himidifier to trap moisture in air... but doubt eeveryone getting sick from jus that... and unless someone is allergic to fish.. then tht coul b why.

wildjosh

The only thing I can think of is if your stand gets wet it could start to mold and the mold can make you sick, but I have never been sick and related it to my tank.

S

saltfishweseek

Thanks to all for the replys,,, just wanted to put some ease to the Mrs.., as she read somewhere it could be coz of the tanks,, I tell her that she needs to go and work with me outside in 3 1/2 acres of land, and get FRESH AIR,,lol
Again thanks to all, can MOD close this thread..
PEACE