nextel plans

fishking

ok i want to get the i830 on the nextel plan so i went to amazon.com and it shows the plans are 69.95 per month, is there a yearly plan?? or do i have to pay 839.90:scared: ,

nw2sltfsh

Most Cell Phone plans are billed monthly and are well woorth it if you ae considering using the phone often - it is better to pay a higher Monthly service fee then to pay the over minute charge wich normally runs at .30 per minute.
The Monthly Fee should include the following:
Certain number of daytime minutes =12,00
Off Peak (or Night weekend Minutes) = unlimited
text messaging = .15 each
If you are planning on using your phone often during the day this plan is actually very good it would break out to about 57 minutes of peak calling per day - the only thing I did not see that it would carry is free Mobile to Mobile usage (although quite honestly I dont like Nextel so only read it briefly)
your first bill that you reciece will actually be MUCH higher then the 69.95 because Monthly service charges are billed one month in advance - so you will have the full 69.95 plus a pro-rated amount for the time left in the current month.

moraym

wow, i WISH my bill was $65 a month. You'll pay more than that $65 a month due taxes and 911 svc taxes, which are all passed down to the customer. I paid at least $10 a month in taxes w/ Verizon, AT&T, and SunCom plans.
My current phone is billing at $75 a month, and that's with a 20% discount through my firm.:nope:

dory36

We had Nextel last year and our bill for two phones was about $118 every month. The only thing I liked about them was their walkie talkies. Other than that, I thought they really sucked. I can't tell you how many times I got disconnected, had dead spots, etc. when I was talking to someone. I also couldn't use my phone at work. I couldn't get a signal and would have to stand outside to talk to someone. We switched to T-Mobile this year and it made a huge difference. Two phones runs us just under $100. I never get disconnected and I can use it at work! They have awesome local/long distance plans.

dellard

Coverage is great in Michigan! I get e-mails all the time telling us when and where new towers are going up!