NFL Draft 2008

natemd

So now that the 2007 season is offically over its time to start the dreadful wait until the 2008 season. In the mean time who would you like to see your team draft this offseason? I personally would love for the Ravens to draft a cornerback in the first round instead of a QB. Possibly Reggie Smith or Aqib Talib. Injuries to our aging CB's killed us last year. Then possibly getting a WR in the second or third round that has some potential to open up our offense so we can score points to keep up with the steelers/bengals/browns and not rely on our defense all the time.

renogaw

ehh, i'd love for Giants to get a less whiney QB...but i guess he did ok when it mattered...but 27? interceptions in the season just had me wanting to break my tv in half.
did anyone else see that Moss is going for the highest bidder? he didn't get his ring
so he doesn't want to stay with the pats...

natemd

Yea, I figured that would happen with Moss. I think he will leave the Pats to the highest bidder, I can see Asante Samuel leaving as well as Dante Stallworth. But that is what happens when you don't sign big named people to long term contracts.

ruaround

season isnt over... there is still the pro bowl!!!

the Bucs are in DIRE NEED of a wide receiver... although i was very pleased how Gaines Adams played his rookie season i would have loved to see Calvin Johnson on the Bucs!!! but this years WR class doesnt look all that great so i bet the Bucs continue on rebuilding their D...

al mc

Originally Posted by natemd
http:///forum/post/2458320
So now that the 2007 season is offically over its time to start the dreadful wait until the 2008 season. In the mean time who would you like to see your team draft this offseason? I personally would love for the Ravens to draft a cornerback in the first round instead of a QB. Possibly Reggie Smith or Aqib Talib. Injuries to our aging CB's killed us last year. Then possibly getting a WR in the second or third round that has some potential to open up our offense so we can score points to keep up with the steelers/bengals/browns and not rely on our defense all the time.

Heard the Ravens are interested in trading for Donovan McNabb......Fairly hot topic in Philadelphia sports talk radio....

digitydash

Originally Posted by natemd
http:///forum/post/2458337
Yea, I figured that would happen with Moss. I think he will leave the Pats to the highest bidder, I can see Asante Samuel leaving as well as Dante Stallworth. But that is what happens when you don't sign big named people to long term contracts.
Moss better think of his day with the raider and stay with the pats.If he is smart anyway he got plenty of money already he need a ring to complete his career but thats my option.

bjoe23

Originally Posted by digitydash
http:///forum/post/2458616
Moss better think of his day with the raider and stay with the pats.If he is smart anyway he got plenty of money already he need a ring to complete his career but thats my option.
yeah if he leaves he is CRAZY

happyvac

Moss is not stupid, the Patriots were very very very close to making history, and he and Brady already established themselves as one of the greatest QB-WR partners in league history. If he can stay, he will (although late-season and playoff Moss was...unimpressive, for the most part).
I'd be a little more concerned about what Bilichick does to others. I anticipate that Samuels will be gone (remember Caldwell?) as well as much of the LB corps. And he's not known for handing out big contracts, so who knows what'll happen with Moss...
Being a Cowboys fan, I hope we draft
1. RB
2. WR
3. CB
(although we could probably take care of WR or even CB in FA; this year's draft is so deep at those positions we could get a first-round-quality player in the second and even third rounds)

natemd

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/2458599
Heard the Ravens are interested in trading for Donovan McNabb......Fairly hot topic in Philadelphia sports talk radio....
There were some acrticles about that, but ozzie newsome came out and said they haven't even talked about it yet. They would have to give up so much to get him (at least a first round pick and then some ) that it wouldn't be worth it for a 31 year old McNair type QB. I'd love to see them develop Troy Smith some more I think he has some good potential to be a QB that can put together long drives with his legs as well as his arm to keep the ravens defense off the field for more than 10 minutes a game.

aquaknight

My Bills are sitting pretty this draft, 8 picks with 4 on the first day. We need a RB and a lot of spots on defensive, mostly secondary. We'll see who's avaiable and I'd love to trade Losman for some more picks. I hate the 2 QB system. Miami (The U) doesn't have too many interesting prospects, so we'll have to see who else is available.

kjr_trig

Cardinals need help still on the O-line, and in the secondary (especially at Corner)....What we really need is Leinart to get healthy and step it up.

al mc

If you are looking for a QB in the draft a sleeper is Joe Flocco from Delaware. I go to 'Uof D' games and the guy can flat out play. I know what you are saying...'Del.a.where?'.... They have a decent program and the guy will be a QB in the NFL.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2458695
My Bills are sitting pretty this draft, 8 picks with 4 on the first day. We need a RB and a lot of spots on defensive, mostly secondary. We'll see who's avaiable and I'd love to trade Losman for some more picks. I hate the 2 QB system. Miami (The U) doesn't have too many interesting prospects, so we'll have to see who else is available.

I don't think you need a RB Aqua, I would take Marshawn Lynch and be very happy.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by HappyVac
http:///forum/post/2458653
Being a Cowboys fan, I hope we draft
1. RB
2. WR
3. CB
(although we could probably take care of WR or even CB in FA; this year's draft is so deep at those positions we could get a first-round-quality player in the second and even third rounds)
A RB!!!!! What happened did Jones and Marion Barber retire??

pontius

I heard a rumor that Dallas was going to send Marion Barber to Miami in exchange for Darren McFadden as the first pick. Barber is a good back, but McFadden is something special (and I know that first hand since he scorched my Gamecocks 3 years in a row). I think he has as much or more potential than Reggie Bush had (though Bush hasn't done much in the NFL so far).
I'm a Panthers fan, so I would like to see them get McFadden or the RB from Central Florida. probably not going to happen. but this draft is stacked with good RBs, so I'd like to see them get a good one to have him and DeAngelo Williams so they can send DeShaun Foster packing. they also need to dump David Carr and get a solid understudy for Delhomme. as good as Dan Morgan is when he's healthy, he's rarely healthy. so we could use a stud LB as well.

reefraff

Originally Posted by bjoe23
http:///forum/post/2458647
They should want him, he hasnt even gotten into trouble with them

I am a Raiders fans fan. No complaints about Moss while he was there. He and Sapp had even stepped up at one point to try to be team leaders. The Pats are nuts if they don't try to keep him around.