Nfl Playoffs

scubadoo

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
and what in the world makes you think that carolina will get past the giants, just curious
Eli Manning has yet to play in a playoff game. Untested in the nfl second season. I beleive Carolina has an overall better team then the Giants. They have made it to the Superbowl and certainly gave the Pats a game two years ago. Mnay of the players from the SB team remain.
Back home when he played at Newman high school Eli was beleived to have the best talent of all the Manning QB's. yes, many thought he would be better than his brother. An assistant coach for NY (he also coached his brother in the pros) has already stated he felt Eli has develped faster than his brother. Not sure I see ths yet but I really have no recollection of Peyton in his first two pro years...postivie or negative.
I simply give the edge to the Carolina offense over the Giant defense. Not in every playoff game but in many....young QB's sometime make poor decisions..so a slight edge to the Carolina defense. They certainly have the players on the front seven D to contain Tiki...but a big game from him could do it for the Giants. I view special teams as a push...no clear advatage.
Home field advatage for the GInats...and some intangible advantage to the Panthers. I believe they are not happy with their overall season performance and may come out with something to prove.
I have yet to check the weather but cold temps and/or a slippery field could favor the Giants.
I went on record back in June as I have stated that the Carloina Panthers would be the NFC rep in the SB. I'm not jumping off the wagon now. I'll stick by my opinion earlier and if I am wrong I have no problems with it.
I am not toally comfortable about this because I again see a close game. Either Steve Smith or Tiki could be the difference.
overall I view it as a slight edge to Carolina......but not a slam dunk.
I could be 100% wrong.....not a problem.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by cichlidfor
u don't give up do you. end of story, carolina will fall just like they did before.
Based on what?

clown123

giants may lose (and im a major giants fan) the only reason INJURYS on defense if they win chicago could give them a good game with chicago prob losing
giants 27
panthers17
game #2
giants(away remeber) 21
chicago 20

scubadoo

Originally Posted by clown123
giants may lose (and im a major giants fan) the only reason INJURYS on defense if they win chicago could give them a good game with chicago prob losing
giants 27
panthers17
game #2
giants(away remeber) 21
chicago 20
Hey, your team has an excellent chance. Home field advantage means something. I am trying to talk myself into why Carlina y will win...I've yet to convince myslef. I do think a game in the 20's favors Carolina. A lower scoring game will favor the Giants. Just my opinion.
Best of luck. I would enjoy an all Manning QB Superbowl.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by clown123
giants 27
panthers17
game #2
giants(away remeber) 21
chicago 20
Do you think the bears can actually score 20 points? I'd beleive 11-10 Giants.