niger and dogface question.

st3

can i put in a mandarin goby with these niger triggers abd dogface puffers? i have alot of live rock for him to hide in.

whipple

i have a Niger and Dog face and few others in a tank but no Mandarin, but i dont think i would, i had an engineer in their for awhile and they kinda hunted him and would realy stress him out so i moved him but at the same time i have a brittle star in there that they dont pay any attention too so would be hard to say and up to the individual fish. HTH

st3

thats sweet. tahnx for the info. i gues itll cost me 40 bucks to find out then hey?lol :rolleyes:

topfish2

No, it shoulfn't work. Even if it does work at first, the niger trigger will grow big, and eventually stress the fish to death, or the trigger will eat it, the same thing for the puffer.

yardrat

i agree, both fish are very aggressive.. i wouls not advise it.. do you have lots of pods for him to eat.. thats about all i could get mine to eat.. found out too late.. gone to greener pastures.. i hear that he only eats pods not much of anything else.

st3

arnt mandarins foul tasting to the fish? well hes in there and he seems to be fine but well see. got him for a two for one special.