Niger trigger

1snapple

Okay, I want to know WHY the niger trigger is considered not reef safe.
It eats shrimp right?
I did not believe it ate coral.

mproctor4

My niger trigger is a model citizen, the cleaner shrimp climbs in his mouth to clean it. Never touched a coral, shrimp, or crab (even the one I wanted him to get). My dad had a niger trigger for almost 10 years, never bothered a thing. I've often wondered why they are not reef safe myself. Personally I would say they are "reef safe with caution".

mproctor4

No, but mine is still small. He is obsessed with the power head. Swims circles around it for hours-he has a large tank and rarely leaves the powerhead! Years ago I had a picaso that would rearrange everything.

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproctor4 http:///forum/thread/383656/niger-trigger#post_3357175
No, but mine is still small. He is obsessed with the power head. Swims circles around it for hours-he has a large tank and rarely leaves the powerhead! Years ago I had a picaso that would rearrange everything.
Picasos are bad about that - I had one for several years, and that's all he did! ! ! ! flip over corals/bury them - just like a dog.....
O and he broke a glass submersable thermometer.....he'd beat it against the side of the tank. finally broke it.
He'd tumble small liverock too - if it ain't nailed down - he'll screw with it!
But he was cool, as he'd eat out of your hands, and you could pet him. My mom loved coming over to my house when I was on business trips to feed & pet the picaso fish...