Niger trigger

nm reef

Took several pics of my FO system yesterday...these are the only ones that came out ... added this guy a few months ago.

jumpfrog

Great pics. Mine is one of my favorites. I think their beauty is highly underated.
How big is he?

nm reef

How big is he?
About 4"-5"...he'll grow into a good sized lil beast in a few years.
Those are some beautiful triggers. They look so blue.
Its a he(maybe a she)...not a they. Same fish just different pics.
:cool:

stacyt

Here's a pic of my niger. The funny thing about him is when I put nori in for the tangs, he goes nuts over it. Maybe I can get a pic of him eating it later. Also he doesn't seem to bother the hermit crabs that I have in the tank with him.

nm reef

Mine has shown no interest in my numerous snails...and there are few crabs left after the transfer of a formosa wrasse from my reef. The formosa has munched nearly all the crabs. My niger eats pretty much anything I offer and especially like krill and several algae type foods...including Seaweeds Selects.:cool:

stacyt

The only snails mine ever bothered where the ones that fell over. If he caught a snail that fell over it was pretty much history. Here's a pic of the trigger eating his seaweed select.

vibe

well...when i said inverts, i ment like peppermint shrimp, emerald crabs, banded shrimp, and things of the sort. they usually dont bother the hermits or snails. :rolleyes:

krunk

I have a ?. My niger is about 3'. All the nigers i've seen have a tealish color, mine is a very dark blue. Is the dark blue a juvi color or permanent?(I hope it stays, he is a very good looking niger)

vibe

krunk, i hope that 3' was a typo. if u have a 3 foot trigger in a 55g tank, then u my friend are the one that is over stocked.:p

kris

Someday I'll get my pics working ..:confused:
I have great pictures of almost all my fish individually. (One of my queen angel turned out so awesome I have an 11x14 framed on the wall)
Very nice niger!!!!
All the ones I've seen around here are almost black they're so dark.

jumpfrog

Krunk, I think what you're seeing is the effect of flash photography. My niger has a very dark blue look in the tank. But with a flash he has the same gorgeos colors as NMReef's.
Here's mine.

makai

NIGER--
about 3.5" long...beautiful set of teeth on this guy...get along well with undulated and lunar wrasse. This guy is the peace keeper. Gets along with all my fish and also keeps the peace between the wrasse and the udulated.
eating habits: everything...flake ,seaweed, brine, fresh scallop,squid,shrimp mix(fresh) everything!!!
Fins are a little messed up due to a recent fungal breakout. Doing alot better, but some damage to his fins.... just color imperfections. Used to chase my maroon right into the anemone. He stopped that real quick after a few injuries.....