NigerTrigger?

fishgirl

One of my tanks is a 30gallon with a medium-sized Yellow Tang (3-4"). I was wondering if anyone saw any problems with adding a small (2") niger trigger to this setup. I know these are space-loving fish, but my house is space-wanting as well. The tang has lived happily in my tank for almost a year now, and seen many different tank mates -- never had a problem with any of them. Now all the others are about to be moved to other tanks, leaving the tang by himself, so I thought I'd like to try a niger trigger, since I've only kept the more aggressive species of triggerfish before. Thanx in advance!

krazzydart

I say go for it ///// at least untill he gets bigger and eats the tang for lunch HE HE HE

[This message has been edited by krazzydart (edited 04-27-2000).]

fishgirl

EXCUSE ME!!! That tang is my fav fish!!!! And I KNOW a niger wouldn't eat him cuz I've had him in a tank with a 6"Picasso who couldn't care less about bothering the tang, and plus, nigers are supposed to be even sweeter than the picassos. That kinda humor, although I'm sure it was well intedned, is not respectfull to living creatures, or those who own them. Furthermore, I know you've writen many-a post about hating tangs, flushing them, etc, but NEVER did you back up your opinions.

veskas

Fishgirl:
Be careful with the territoriality of the tang. My purple tang (who's the boss in a 180 FO) harrassed a Picasso to death & almost did the same to one of my 2 nigers. He's gaining strength in a q-tank. Purple & yellows can be merciless if they think they "own" the tank. IMO I'd get a niger that's bigger than your yellow.
Good luck

fishgirl

Originally posted by VESKAS:
Be careful with the territoriality of the tang. ...IMO I'd get a niger that's bigger than your yellow.
Good luck

I'm not worried about that cuz Tango (the yellow tang) never bothers my two damsels that i have with him -- and he never lets them bother him. I think the niger will be about the same as those two damsels (that I'm trading in if I get the trigger) Thanks for warning me, but I think my tang won't be very mean if i confuse him some.
Thanks to all who contributed to this topic, your suggestions are always appreciated!

~Fishgirl

denise melton

Originally posted by Fishgirl:
I'm not worried about that cuz Tango (the yellow tang) never bothers my two damsels that i have with him -- and he never lets them bother him. I think the niger will be about the same as those two damsels (that I'm trading in if I get the trigger) Thanks for warning me, but I think my tang won't be very mean if i confuse him some.
Thanks to all who contributed to this topic, your suggestions are always appreciated!

~Fishgirl

I have a Niger with a Tomato clown and they get along fine. He is a cool fish can hand feed him.At first they seeem shy and hide in the rocks.After a few weeks they come out and stay more and more.Now mine is out all of the time even with my kids peering in at him.Great personality.

porkypuffer

FISHGIRL, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR YOUR PECASSO TRIGGER TO GET 6"? MINE IS 2.5"
[This message has been edited by PORKYPUFFER (edited 04-30-2000).]