Nikon D40

patrick8929

what do you guys think?
im thinking about asking for it for my bday... anything just as good or better in that price range? thanks for the help!

navaljonf

I have the Nikon D40x and use it to take pictures of my tank. I've also played around with the D40 and believe that for the price its about as good as a camera as you're gonna get. Really user friendly too.

patrick8929

Originally Posted by navaljonf
http:///forum/post/3083059
I have the Nikon D40x and use it to take pictures of my tank. I've also played around with the D40 and believe that for the price its about as good as a camera as you're gonna get. Really user friendly too.
thanks for the info! got any pics of your tank with the d40x?

aquaguy24

I'm thinkin about getting a D40 or D60. Best buys has some nice package deals with bag, battery, extra lens and tripod. This is a big change for me cuz I'm a big fan of canon when it comes to cameras.

patrick8929

thanks! i dont really know a whole lot about the DSLR cameras so if i do get one it will all be new to me im just trying to make sure i do my research so i know i get something i will want and have for a long time. i am also looking at a canon rebel xsi if anyone knows anything about those as well

briand7878

I had a D40 and it took excellent pics. The only down side to it is that it does not have an internal motor to move the lenses. You will have to buy lenses with motors in them. I would save a little more and go for the next step up. I was thinking nikon came out with a new one with the motor in the $500 range. I bumped up to the D90 and love it. Read camera forums before you pic anything though.