Nina&Noah!!! Aerogarden question

nina&noah

LOL

I never read the end of that thread! I must have missed it somehow!
What makes it cool is that it has no dirt! It is a hydroponic garden like the ones they have at Epcot.

nina&noah

Go to the website. I keep getting emails from them that they are offering free shipping right now and all of the aerogardens are on sale. Enjoy!

alyssia

Well, I got it. But I can't set it up until I get some bottled water. It says in the instructions not to use soft water and that's what we have.

snakeblitz33

it says don't use soft water because most plants have to have some calcium and magnesium in order to grow their cell walls. I love botany (but it's not my favorite)

alyssia

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
http:///forum/post/2892887
it says don't use soft water because most plants have to have some calcium and magnesium in order to grow their cell walls. I love botany (but it's not my favorite)
Cool....I NEVER woulda figured that one out.

alyssia

Anyone know if you can buy the seeds at a store, or do you have to order them online through Aerogarden?

prk543

I have seen the seeds at Bed Bath and Beyond and seed kits for the aerogarden 6 at Kholes. I have in the past also picked up seeds at Sears, but i didn't see them the last time I was there.
I would think your best bet would be a Bed Bath and beyond or possibly linens and things.

nina&noah

I don't even know how long my tomatoes have been growing, but it feels like forever! Just make sure you buy the little tie things, because they get heavy fast. You also have to keep up with the pruning and shake the plant every so often. The tomatoes come out really small, but they are very juicy. I like them!

snakeblitz33

yup, should have juicy tomatoes. To have better success - add a 1ml of nitrate and phosphate fertilizer and 1ml of seachem flourish once a week - you will be growing like no tomorrow!
Also, you want to keep your pH at about 6.3, slightly acidic. You can achieve this with just a little bit of vinegar. I wouldn't do more then 1/4th ml at a time.
If you need additional help with all of that, send me a pm!

nina&noah

I don't really know much about botany, but I wouldn't add anything to the water but the vitamins that they provided. That is what I do, and my plants grew very fast.