Ninja 250

pwnag3!!

haha waste of money
my buddy bought one once.... we rip on him all the time.
seeiously though,
if you are small and dont want alot of power between your legs.... go for it. or 2000 more you can get a 600cc

nas19320

A 250 will not have much power but it may be fun to ride for a few months if you have never ridden anything before. I rode a 250 at the MSF class and it's fun to putt around on but I don't think I would take it on any major highways. 500cc bikes are also good for beginners but you may want to trade up if you want more power. There are a few 600cc bikes that are ok first bikes and later you can modify them to get a little more punch. My first bike was a 600.

nc2tarheel

I bought my fiance one. It's a 04 ninja 250. I have an 03 R6 and she gets jealous when we go to track days and she doesn't get to ride. So I bought her a 250. It's good to learn on for sure and great for a female (this is not sexist).
pwnag3!!, do you ride?? Any newB should NOT start off on a 600cc bike. I don't care who you are. 99.9% of people can NOT ride a 600 to it's full potential and that's why I don't know why people start out any higher. Motorcycles are something you have to get a feel for and if you've never ridden or you have little to no experience you are doing yourself a favor in the long run by getting a smaller bike. Less room for error. Even a 600 can get you in trouble REAL QUICK!!!

jscarb2

any of the newer 600 are way to much for a first bike the 250 or 500 ninja are a much better choice

pwnag3!!

i used to ride MX then i dabbled with my buddies r6 maybe im jsut used to riding and i havea good common sense and respect for the machine