nitate

p-rock973

please give me a better ways to lower my nitrate bysides doin water changes im already doin water changes every 5 days but my nitrate is still high

mie

More info like a stock list would help, what type of filtration and skimmer do you run? How often do you feed? Do you run carbon?

veni vidi vici

Refugium with or without macro algae.....Algae Scrubber.....Remote DSB in or out of Refugium. Large water change after you kick up all the detritus in you tank that you can..... Skim wet.... Cut back on feeding.

p-rock973

ok i have two clowns and a demsal i have 4 different kinds of zoos and i have a 12 gallon nano wit a sponge filter that i clean every day and yes i am running i bag of carbon and i have a bag of chemipure

spanko

Clean filter media more often, get a skimmer, do larger water changes, get or make a refugium either a hang on the back or one in one of the back chambers.

p-rock973

thanks but i cant put one of those lights in my tank because i have an aquapod and the compartments in the back are closed off by the hood so how else can i do this that will be cheap and easy

subielover

Submersible light, clip-on light, etc. Why don't you search the nano-section. 75% of the tanks over there run some type of refugium for nitrate export

sepulatian

Originally Posted by P-Rock973
http:///forum/post/2858786
ok i have two clowns and a demsal i have 4 different kinds of zoos and i have a 12 gallon nano wit a sponge filter that i clean every day and yes i am running i bag of carbon and i have a bag of chemipure
What kind of damsel? Two clowns (could you specify what kind of clowns?) are a lot for a 12 gallon, let alone the damsel. How old is this tank? What exactly is your nitrate reading? Increase the water changes to every two days until the nitrate is close to zero.

johnnyd

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/2860843
What kind of damsel? Two clowns (could you specify what kind of clowns?) are a lot for a 12 gallon, let alone the damsel. How old is this tank? What exactly is your nitrate reading? Increase the water changes to every two days until the nitrate is close to zero.
how is a damsel too much for a 12g?
or those 3 fish together i have to disagree with this
dude you need a skimmer!
i have 7-8 fish and my 28 gallon and my nitrates are fine. just matters how you feed, type of water, amount of light, and filtration.

p-rock i had the 24g aquapod a while ago, they make a skimmer that can drop back into the sump. fits and works perfect! it's made for nano tanks