Nitendo wii people, lil help por favor.

lazypinoy

after a little bit over a year or more, ive been wanting the wii. i finnally found one but i had to drive with the bro about 130 miles or so to san diego on the marine base from LA. so 249.99 no tax woot!
but my question is now is the sensor bar better ontop of the tv or on the bottom? i have a 50inch wide screen if that helps the question.
good luck for you other people, the wii will be like gold in the next few months(holidays). better get yours today!

grabbitt

It depends on how high the tv is. I have mine at the top of the tv because it is at about eye level.

lovethesea

I think it depends on how tall the people are who are using it. We have ours at the bottom of the TV. If all adults are using it, I would say higher. But for the smaller kids, I would say lower.

lovethesea

OH....and DO NOT buy the Wii memory card. You can get any SD memory card that is on sale.....it just has to be less than 2 gig.

lazypinoy

oh thanks a lot. yeah its pretty much adults playing so top it is. thanks for the memory tip, ill just use my 1 gig cam SD memory card for it.

W

wbradenpt

have xbox 360, but 5 yo son is asking for wii for christmas. is it something that a 5 yo will play with?

bjoe23

go under settings with wii and u can chose if u want it under or on top of ur tv. mines on top

doeboy1

I've got a 60 flat projection and i have it on top...but then again only the wife and i are playing it.

kevin34

Mines on top. Havnt tried it on the bottom though. Can you store game data on those regular SD cards too?

juice_1080

It doesn't make much of a difference if its top or bottom...All the sensor does is emit an IR light that to controller picks up just for tracking its location and movement....Also if I remember right if you go into the settings you can adjust the Wii so it knows whether its on top or bottom...
You can actually put a candle on your TV and it would function the same as the sensor bar (not like you would want wax dripping on a nice widescreen though)

blazehok68

i have mine on the bottom, but it doesnt really matter either way. anybody have any suggestions on good games for it? need for speed carbon any good? the new nfs pro street looks pretty bad a**!

juice_1080

Paper Mario's dialog is horrid (and you can't skip it) otherwise its a decent game. Manhunt 2 is amazing if you like that kind of game. Zelda is great. Don't buy Dave Mirra, or Rapala Fishing.

blazehok68

Yeah I Have Zelda And Beat It Already. The Fishing Game Is Really Not Good? I Have The One For The Original Xbox And It Was Pretty Good. I Will Rent Manhunt And See Whats Up. What About Red Steel? Anybody Played It?

juice_1080

Have not played Red Steel. I am a poor college student lol so I don't get a chance to buy too many games. If you actually fish you will hate Rapala fishing. You drive a boat to find a good spot which when you stop they will either say this looks like a good spot or I don't think theres any fish here. If you are in a good spot you are pretty much guaranteed to catch a fish every cast. I am assuming this game was all just a ploy to make people think that Rapala lures are amazing and that they should go buy them. There is really no challenge to it at all. The only games I have right now are:
Wii Sports (I'm sure you have played it if you own a Wii)
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge (ok if you like bike racing but not a stunt game like the older ones, plus steering is tricky)
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (all around amazing)
Rapala Tournament Fishing (described above)
Super Paper Mario (childish dialog that you can't skip that drove me nuts, otherwise a decent game)
Manhunt 2 (amazing game that everyone should buy even if they don't like it because the ESRB tried to ban it because of the content and they need to learn that censorship is a removal of freedom of speech)