NJ - Can I trade a tank for some corals on here?

sorcha

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - but I would rather trade than sell if I can.
We have a 25 gallon Oceanic hexagonal tank w/stand. It was our starter tank that we converted for saltwater. Worked just great, so well that we've upgraded to a 92 gallon corner All-Glass now. This one was just broken down and we have no room to keep it.
As is, good condition, no pumps or lights to go with it. Makes a great Nano!
We'd like to expand our coral collection. If you're interested, let me know what you're willing to trade for it! Local pick up only in Hampton, NJ (Hunterdon County).
Email me for pix at sorcha1972@yahoo.com
Thanks!

sorcha

Yes, comes with matching stand...I've attached a picture from tonight. Still needs a final cleaning, you would get it in better shape!
The lid however, we have the back portion of it but the front was broken (18 mos. old when I wasn't looking - he's fast!). We were going to go to a local glass cutter and have him cut a piece to size for us, but then we went with the upgraded tank instead.
We used a plexiglass mirror over the front to keep the water from evaporating in the meantime. You would be welcome to that as well until you find a better solution. The tank is not made anymore, so we couldn't find a replacement alternative other than a glass guy. But I believe that if you are thinking of a reef tank, they say not to bother with the lid anyway?
As for corals...we don't have metal halides, so we steer away from the LPS unless they're not photo . We have florescent PCs 4 x 96 lighting. Tending towards the easier ones these days, still newbies for the most part. Currently have Frogspawn, Plate Coral, Button Polyps, Green Star Polyps, and a few different mushrooms.
Would love some Yellow Polyps, Yumas, Ricordeas, bright colored zoos, looking for colorful. Blues, yellows, reds maybe? Target feeding is not a problem. We like to watch them grow, so smaller pieces of a variety are ok.

sorcha

Originally Posted by corky
here is my email. thickheadedone@hotmail.com
How many corals are you looking to get?
email me and we can discuss this further.
Corky, sent you an email a few days ago, let me know if you didn't receive.

corky

Sorry, sometimes I loose track of my mail. I was wondering what happened. Just sent you a new message.

supalupa

Wow Sorcha it's a small world. We used to live on the Musconetcong River in Hampton,NJ. I worked at a plastic company there.

sorcha

Originally Posted by supalupa
Wow Sorcha it's a small world. We used to live on the Musconetcong River in Hampton,NJ. I worked at a plastic company there.

No way! That is funny, I know exactly where you worked. I live sort of diagonally behind it...on E. Grand.

sorcha

Originally Posted by corky
I sent you a few emails with pics. Hope you got them.
Corky - everything is doing just great. Thanks so much for the trade, I would happily trade with you anytime!
Hope the tank is doing well by you...send me some pix of the Seahorses when you get them going!