No Algae????

kris

Ok folks-- my 90g tank is almost 6 months old now and exept for the initial brown junk during cycling, I have had virtually NO ALGAE!!!!!!!!!!?????? Not that I really want it or anything, it's just really strange--do you guys think something is wrong with my tank??

kris

I have 2 50/50 coralife bulbs which I leave on from 7pm to 7am everyday. Inhabitants include Lrage hippo, emperor angel, 3 clowns, and a small powder blue. Hadn't thought of the copper thing since I have never treated the tank with it, but maybe I'll check it out anyway (Then again maybe I won't--It would be a really funny thing for a person to TRY to grow the stuff, Ha, Ha)

ktwheet

I don't have any algea either. I chalk it up to having generic lighting, but the funny thing is that I do get some pretty stuff on my live rock that grows. My tank has been set up for one year and has never had anything but a little brown film on my glass. My sand looks dirty sometimes, but nothing definitive. I call it good luck and don't worry about it.

4husky

Hey, check your phosphate levels, algae needs it to grow, and mebbe the two tangs are munching it before you really notice it growing??? Just a thought.
~Cat

kris

well it was fun while it lasted--but after adding an additional 50lbs. of rock. I have more than enough now!!