No..I Am Not Mr Bubble!

promisetbg

Ok..for some of you old timers around here this is going to sound vaguely familiar...but...THIS IS NO JOKE!
I have an orange digitata that is literally growing up out of the water!:eek:
I don't know what to do!The rock has'nt been moved...but this morning I noticed the tips of it were out of the water.Have any of you ever heard or seen such a thing?I have scooted the rock a little...to get it back under the water,but there really is nowhere left to go with this.It was about the size of my pinky when I got it...now it's huge!!:confused:

nm reef

Frag it.....I have a couple of digitatas that will soon need to be cut back.....especially a orangish colored one.
....and who would ever confuse you with the sponge growing Mr. Bubbles?:D

promisetbg

Yeah I know ....that is the obvious answer,but we're talking about the tips!That is where it is thickest...and I'm supposed to clip off all the tops?That's going to look stupid:mad: Darnn...maybe I should just sell the whole thing:notsure: I will post a pic when I get to my other PC.:nervous:

T

tizzo

Yeah right sure!! Growing out of the tank. Next thing you know it's gonna try to strangle your wife...:rolleyes:
:hilarious
KIDDING!!!!

FWIW the digita will grow horizontally before growing out of the water. The tips will "plate" at the surface but will quikly turn outwards.
If you prefer not to clip the tips why not just cut it off an inch or so above the base. That way you could also relocate it slightly lower in the tank. Just an idea.
SiF

promisetbg

Thanks..but I will really have to get a pic and show you.This coral has no single stalk to cut it at the base,It's like a jungle..and totally encrusted all over this big rock which goes all the way to the bottom of the tank!

shoreliner11

I've seen it before with an acro. The acro just stopped growing up and continued to grow out at that point. The very tips showed skeleton but didn't effect the rest of the coral. Now you can grow yourself a digitata table:yes:

promisetbg

Originally posted by GregM779
Hey promisetbg what area in florida do you live in?

Orlando..
Thanks for all your suggestions and help!