no-ich by vish vet

krowleey

just a FYI, those meds did work for me, and with the use of a UV i have gotten rid of my ich problems, i know hypo and copper ot 100 pct but there is other ways, i am very pleased with my results.

krowleey

i used no-ch by fish vet. yes it is reef safe, but you follow the directions, its dose first day day 4,7,10,13 and if u have a bad infestation keep dosing three days apart for two more weeks. it is very important that you follow the direction close you have to take into consideration your rock sump fuge skimmer ect, oh ya and dont run the skimmer this whole time. HTH

krowleey

i had a cleaner shrimp, emerald crab 4 turbo snails tons of other snails, two sps corals, lots of zoos and yellow polyps. tang, clown, two gobys, 3 chromis, 2 cardinals featherdusters lots of worms ect. not a trace of ich but i really think the help of the UV helps a ton JMI

krowleey

still no ich, fish are happy feeding frenzy no scratching just wonderful. i really believe no-ich by fish vet is worth a shot. i talked to the dr shawn prescott nd he told me point blank it will cure it 87 pct of the time, the other 12 pct is due to user mistakes, that may not be totally true but it did seem to help. and i strngly believe in UV after treatment.

krowleey

that may be true, but i think the addition of a UV is a great addition to any kind of system. having a fuge is a bonus as well for those that think it will kill all your good bacteria and pods

oceanic110

I have also talked to Shawn Prescott, very nice individual. I often wonded if anybody has used his product. Krowleey I'm glad that thing worked out for you. Keep us updated on the overall result.

eagle1

Originally posted by Terry B
Your positive experience with it is the exception rather than the rule. I have talked to literally hundreds of people that have tried various reef safe chemicals to treat ich over the years. The bottom line is that none of them seem to work the majority of the time.
Terry B

DITTO. I've been there, done that. Hypo in QT method worked great for me.
Anyhow, krowleey, good luck with your treatment. Hope it helps in your situation.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, this is somewhat of a dated topic. But perhaps krowleey will revisit the topic. Krowl mentions here that it was only 10 days. That really is not enough time to assess whether there was a "cure" or not.

lroberts

Originally Posted by Terry B
http:///forum/post/827101
Your positive experience with it is the exception rather than the rule. I have talked to literally hundreds of people that have tried various reef safe chemicals to treat ich over the years. The bottom line is that none of them seem to work the majority of the time.
Terry B
I hate to say this or point this out and not trying to start anything here but I see this Terry B post all over the internet not just here in these forums. Anytime anyone recommends using anything outside of copper she makes this point that nothing will work and the world is doomed. Not sure what that is all about but in any case...
She USED to be correct that most products did not work well most of the time HOWEVER that being said No-Ich has been PROVEN to work and work well if used correctly. I myself am using it currently.
Is there a chance it will not work? Sure.
Is there a chance copper will not work as well? You bet!
To say that is copper or doom is just wrong in this day and age and I wish people would do more reading to get their facts right that way people like me who spend 4 days researching the internet attempting to get a straight answer don't follow bad advise.
Just my 2 cents.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by LRoberts
http:///forum/post/3042192
I hate to say this or point this out and not trying to start anything here but I see this Terry B post all over the internet not just here in these forums. Anytime anyone recommends using anything outside of copper she makes this point that nothing will work and the world is doomed. Not sure what that is all about but in any case...
She USED to be correct that most products did not work well most of the time HOWEVER that being said No-Ich has been PROVEN to work and work well if used correctly. I myself am using it currently.
To say that is copper or doom is just wrong in this day and age and I wish people would do more reading to get their facts right that way people like me who spend 4 days researching the internet attempting to get a straight answer don't follow bad advise.
Just my 2 cents.
I dont think you will start any trouble considering this thread is 5 years old..

sepulatian

Originally Posted by LRoberts
http:///forum/post/3042192
Just my 2 cents.
Again, this thread is four years old. Give us a new plan that is proven to work.