NO-ICK (Reef Safe)

dragonuwrasse

I just picked up a bottle of No-Ich from my lfs and did a treatment in my 40 gallon breeder on a Niger Triggerfish. The Niger had a pretty progressive case of ich and the day after I did the treatment it had virtually disappeared. I see no change in any of the polyps and small corals that are on my live rock at this point (it's been three days). I would strongly recommend this for any saltwater aquarium. The reason I bought it is because the owner of the store used it in his 125 gallon reef tank after an outbreak, and it wiped the ich out after two doeses. Make sure to use the bottle as directed and use it through the whole 14 day dosage recommendation for best results. Good luck!

dragonuwrasse

Sure did, make sure to turn oof the skimmer for sure, and if you are running any type of charcoal take it out also.

tazewell

New to the board. Good info on ich. We're pretty new (tank has been up 7 months) to saltwater tanks. Had our first outbreak of ich. Wiped out my yellow-eye tang first then spread to our Royal Gramma, Potters Angel and finally our two clowns. Was told by LFS to use Formulite in a hospital tank. DID NOT WORK! With great relief, the cashier at the same LFS recommended MelaFix and Sera's Ectopur. We could add this directly to the tank w/o damaging live rock (Formulite was said to kill live rock....will never know). The MelaFix + Ectopur cleared up our rabbitfish and cardinalfish within 5 days (to treat for 7 days total). Plus no harm to sea apple, medussa worm, cleaner shrimp or our 6 green chromas. I wish I knew of this treatment at the first signs of our tang getting ich. I could have saved all our wonderful fish (not to mention the $ lost). Any thoughts on the MelaFix and Ectopur? Thanks.

fshhub

IMO, the best and safest way to treat ick is with a hospital/quarentine tank and hypo salinity, it is the safest for the fish and being as you use another tank, it is completely safe for the inverts left in the main tank
there are many (supposedly, some are safe some aren't)reef safe cures for ick, but none are nearly as effectiive as copper or hypo, and copper is toxic(even to fish), the only completely reliable and worthy methods are the copper or hypo(both of which should not be done in the main tank with lr or inverts)