no more shark

cdubbs

I am trading in my coral catshark to my lfs where i get all my stuff. I wanna get more fish that will coexist with each other. I am so held back with the shark. I think i want a triggers and a puffer. Any suggestions for my 125gal with just a scorpion fish and a SFE in it?

cdubbs

Oh yeah if anyone wants to buy the shark from me that is around the NYC area and has a big enough tank let me know..

moraymike

Yeah, I completely understand why you'd want more flexiblity with your tank. If the shark just doesn't fit in your plans, find it a good home.
A few thoughts on coral cat sharks... I have them and really enjoy them. However, they aren't for everyone. They are rarely active during the day, definitely a nocturnal species. I keep mine with a few large tangs, so I have something to look at during the day. But these guys have a considerable upside. They don't get too big, and don't require a lot of room, they are tropical species, so a chiller isn't a must, and they their adult size is realitively small. IMO, they are attractive species that are very well suited for life in a large home aquarium.

cdubbs

yeah its gonna be tough for me to give him away, i have had him for almost a year and mine is very active and fun to watch

tangey

I might be interested. How mucha dn would you ship to colombus ohio. He would be going to a good home. He would be going i a 240 gallon. I curretnly have 5 tanks so I have good experience in marine life. I did have a bamboo shark but I felt that it was getting to big for the 240 and just gave it away to a guy with a larger tank than I had. Let me know
Thanks

cdubbs

i've never shipped a fish before so im not sure if it is a good idea for me to do that. I appreciate the interest of giving it a good home but unless someone could explain to me how the best way to ship is then i would be hesitant to do so.

tangey

I have shipped many fish before. I have never shipped a shark but I have shipped a ray with success. Get a box and line the box with stryofoam. Triple the bag maybe even quadruple it. But some water in. Just enough to make sure the shark has enough. Then fill the rest of the bag with air. Put some packing material like peanuts, etc to fill the empty spaces inside the stryofoam. We don't want the shark to be shaked around. Then put some heatpacks in and its ready to go. I don't think i left anything out.
How big is the shark? You said its pretty active for a coral cat shark. How much?
Send me an email at
RJS92@aol.com
If you do decide to ship can you send some pics of him. Let me know. He will be going to a good home.
Thanks
Ryan

cdubbs

no sorry i dont think ill be able to do it because i just found out i have to get surgery in a few days so i will be out of commision for a few weeks..but if i still have the shark when im healed up i will.