No new zoa threads?

flricordia

Seems like the forums are dying too. Not much in the way of posts. The zoa forum used to get quite a bit of traffic, now not much going on I notice. Notice the auction thing is really dead too. Nothing in the way of livestock and only 1 drygood. Where is everyone moving off to?

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2833473
Seems like the forums are dying too. Not much in the way of posts. The zoa forum used to get quite a bit of traffic, now not much going on I notice. Notice the auction thing is really dead too. Nothing in the way of livestock and only 1 drygood. Where is everyone moving off to?
+1 very boring without being able to go through the selling forums just to see whats new up for post.
And its been slow here lately

M

markeo99

its easier dont have to use the new post button as often once a day and 2 pages gets all the posts from the day

whyamisofl

I just mentioned to the better half the same thing!!! I used to spend 2+ hours a night on here just searching, reading new posts, etc. Now I am on for 15min and gone!

greenreefer

They killed it when they killed the selling forums and the new site is an obvious bust. I've been checking here and posting some on my build, but not much to read so when I run out I go to the reef tank (local club is there) and --. I hope they change their mind soon because a couple more weeks like this and I think it will be too late to save.

M

markeo99

Originally Posted by GreenReefer
http:///forum/post/2833617
They killed it when they killed the selling forums and the new site is an obvious bust. I've been checking here and posting some on my build, but not much to read so when I run out I go to the reef tank (local club is there) and --. I hope they change their mind soon because a couple more weeks like this and I think it will be too late to save.
+1

subielover

+1239748 things have really slowed around here since the change was made. Really sucks, I really did like this place but now there is not too much going on

bama man

I am fairly new to SW, especially new to corals. I found this site and man I thought it was terrific. There were lots of more experienced folks to help out us newbies. I use to spend hours on here reading all the latest posts and checking out all the cool new things in the classifieds. This WAS the best SW site I had found. Half the fun was reading the classified section. I think their main complaint was too many people on here just to sell in the classifieds and those people not contributing to the other threads. So what ? There was always plenty of others who contributed tons to the site. I wish they would put everything back like it was. I don't think most folks minded the charge to sell. But the new auction site really stinks. NOT USER FRIENDLY.

jaymz

SWF removed the classifieds because they supposdly felt they were losing money. So they tried to set up an auction site and take 5%. I dont blame them. They could of just as easly make it a selling site and not a auction site and still scoop a surcharge. OR they could just charge a monthly/yearly fee to sell. But that is beside the point. If they would just get more into the designer coral game they would have nothing to worry about, especially designer zoas.

spiderwoman

I second about losing the interest in posting pics when you can't buy anything here. Then again I'm not much of a pic poster anyways.

flricordia

GOT YA'LL. THis is a new post in itself and I got most of the ol' timers to post.

Kidding. This site is slowly dieing out.

Dang, leave it to rebel to

[hr]
up a perfectly good post about not posting pics.

zanoshanox

agreed^^
i have noticed myself not lurking as much too...but basically because there's only a couple new threads a day...
move along, nothing to see here...

reefkprz

yeah, the recent changes in the selling forums have forced me to spend lots of time elswhere to moniter my sales and trades. I am not giving 5% to anyone as with the sales and trades I often barely break even on as it is. and I conduct the sales and trades mainly to share corals not really to turn a profit even though it has helped me pay for various things tank related like salt etc.
the percentage on trades is absolutly stupid in my opinion.
since it is their site I harbor no hard feelings about their rules but being as I am not willing to cut them in on my almost no profit I am no longer anywhere near as active as I was since I am forced elsewhere to rules I accept.
I have also noticed that a lot of the people that I enjoyed discussing things with have moved on with a few dozen exceptions. the main problem being that many of the more elevated discussions are no longer available. such as topics on a more advanced level. sure there is thousands of oppourtunities here to re-discuss the basics, over, and over, and over, and over again, while I love helping out new hobbyists I also enjoy discussing more advanced topics and thrashing ideas around, the oppourtunities for this has decreased signifigantly. I have to admit I peronally can only describe the nitrogen cycle about 2000 times before I begin to tire of re-explaining it. if you check my post count you can see why I am in search of more advanced topics.

greenreefer

Anybody got a good way to share site and screen names of where we are going with out break the rules here? I'd like to find you guys again where ever you end up and don't want to wait until your gone to ask the question. I know PM works, but then each of us has to ask over and over again.
ideas?

mr.m

Too bad this site is dying
i used to love to come here and go threw all the topics the sale one was the best i could see lots of stuff i never seen befor and ask about them and learn how thay grow but like most i only come here 1 or 2 times a week now wish i knew where all you went .
and hope thay change it back or at least let us trade

Mark