no pics, how good are ya?

emtguy

My cameras toast! i got caterpillar things in my tank, they are green and orange with " bristle " looking things on em and they are everywhere and also littlt bug things that look like shrimp but they crawl and their tales are curled under, they are clear and looks like you can see their spine even though you cant...they can move quick, dont swim and remind me of minature walking shrimp.
i did a search but my keywords didnt bring up anything.

spanko

Caterpillar things are bristle worms. Good clean up critters.

Shrimp are amphipods. Good food for fish.

emtguy

dude you rock! those are them....i have 2 rod's onyx clowns and they dont eat the amphipods i guess cause they are tons of em, my clowns are to aggressive to add another fish also!! My tanks a 30g so i guess i should just let em be right?

spanko

Yes, the pods will also help to keep the tank clean and their population will lessen with food becomming less available.

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by emtguy
http:///forum/post/2920651
dude you rock! those are them....i have 2 rod's onyx clowns and they dont eat the amphipods i guess cause they are tons of em, my clowns are to aggressive to add another fish also!! My tanks a 30g so i guess i should just let em be right?
with all those copepods i would add a Mandarin Goby.
they are AWESOME!!!

cranberry

Populations of pods, and much like anything else, wax and wane. Don't get a fish based on the number of critters you have today.... cause they won't be there "tomorrow".

ophiura

I would definitely not get a mandarin.
Remember, pods are basically scavenging. So they often are related to nutrient load on the tank, and can come and go in population size.