No power until late Wed.

kiefers

So, as luck would have it, Northeast Indiana FINALLY got some rain, in the form of wind gusts of up to 91 mph. Of coarse, we lost our power and 68,000 people are also without power until late Wed. around midnight. And,....... once again, it is suppossed to be in the upper 90's to 100's all week. Too fun.
As I was driving yesterday I saw power poles ripped in half. WOW.

2quills

You had to bring it up lol. Bad storm came through here lastnight as well. Power kept coming on and off. Finaly went out for good and hasnt been back on since. Still raining. Yuck!

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/392159/no-power-until-late-wed#post_3480688
You had to bring it up lol. Bad storm came through here lastnight as well. Power kept coming on and off. Finaly went out for good and hasnt been back on since. Still raining. Yuck!
I here ya! Sorry for the jinx my southern friend. It's getting hot here to
Talked to my Dad who lives in Houston and he said it was ganna be HOT!

2quills

Phew, yeah. Its not so bad today but earlier in the week we hit temps around 105-107 with heat indexes of 115. :(
Actually power came back up after I posted earlier thank goodness. Still no cable or internet though. Guess were gonna run out and go upgrade our handheld pocket devices. Pretty stoked about that. :)

flower

The 10' Xoom touch screen computer is pretty awesome.
I have all kinds of battery powered gadgets, and a good sized generator...may HaShem bless and we never need it. Our power went out last summer for a solid week, I was so worried...the seahorse tank did alright, but I lost 4 fish in the reef tank....never again do I want to be unprepared.
We were thinking about getting a big generator to run the whole house like there was no power outage. With two horses tanks that need chillers and it looks like I will be on oxygen....it just sounds like the safest route.

gemmy

We had a nasty storm barrel through my area early this morning. A possible tornado touched down. Trees were splintered. Some areas got hit bad.

slice

We are fortunate that all utility lines are underground here. The worst I've ever seen was a Cat4 hurricane that put power out for about 4 hours.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope you have reliable backups.

kiefers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/392159/no-power-until-late-wed#post_3480734
We had a nasty storm barrel through my area early this morning. A possible tornado touched down. Trees were splintered. Some areas got hit bad.
Same stormthat hit here. New Jersey is on the weather channel now. Downed trees and power lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
http:///t/392159/no-power-until-late-wed#post_3480793
We are fortunate that all utility lines are underground here. The worst I've ever seen was a Cat4 hurricane that put power out for about 4 hours.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope you have reliable backups.
When I lived in San Diego all of our lines were underground too. Up here in hick town podunk Indiana all the lines are on decrepid old poles.
On another note, my fish and corals are hanging in there. It's like camping!!

kiefers

Not worth going insane over really, a tad stressful tho. We have a pool so when not at work we are in the pool or inside flushing water down the tank to try and keep the bacteria going. Off to work now where there is air condition.
Floating ice now to keep the temp down. it's 83.4 and going down now slowly. Stir it around with a wood spoon Lol.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/392159/no-power-until-late-wed#post_3480846
Not worth going insane over really, a tad stressful tho. We have a pool so when not at work we are in the pool or inside flushing water down the tank to try and keep the bacteria going. Off to work now where there is air condition.
Floating ice now to keep the temp down. it's 83.4 and going down now slowly. Stir it around with a wood spoon Lol.
Please tell me you have plenty of beer....the horror...

btldreef

Hahahaha, you can't open a bottle of beer without my dog begging.
He prefers whiskey, specifically Tullamore Dew.

slice

Whiskey huh? Never heard that one.
This dog and I would part company if she ever touched my tequila.
Good thing they ain't got thumbs.

slice

Waaaay back in my college days, a friend kept his pet monkey in his dorm room and would bring it to parties.
I kept kittens in my room and the monkey would take a kitten and hold it like a newborn baby in its arms, biting at anyone who tried to take it away.
The only way to rescue the kitten was to get the monkey tore up.
The Monkey readily took shotguns from the bong and drank wine from a shot glass.
We knew the monkey was sufficiently F'd up when he started swinging from the hanging houseplants like Tarzan.

btldreef

I now hold you fully responsible for my computer desk being covered in soda that I just spit out in laughter.
Thanks!

slice

I'm the product of a Southern Baptist Preacher.
You know what they say about us...I went to a Baptist college...best party school EVER!
-I financed much of my spending money building and selling "Japanese Bamboo Singing Bongs"...this was in the mid-70s