No Power!

gasguzzler

As some of you know, I recently lost my 125 due to a leak. Now, with the blizzard last night, my power has been out for almost 20 hours. The temp in my other tank with my dragon eel is about 66 degrees with no water circulation or aeration. The eel is doing very poorly- my guess is suffocating. I cant even change any water to give it some relief because my hot water heater is out due to the storm also. When I left my house this morning, he was breathing very slowly, with his head hanging on the sand. Wish him luck to get the power back soon.

bona42na

I wish him well. Im surprised with all your experience here that you dont have some sort of auxiliary power.

gasguzzler

Well, they wont let me install anything in the apartment. Ive tried. They like to do "suprise inspections". I took me long enough to get them to let me set up the tank! This is the first time in 3 years that Ive had a power problem.

bona42na

One more thing. Froogle that product and you will find an upgraded version and even cheaper. I have it on my reef with just the heater and a tunze turbelle electronic powerhead connected to it for just the kind of thing yourre going through.

tony detroit

Gas, the temp will be alright, it is nothing to really worry about. I'd recommend you get a battery powered air pump if you can track one down. Any of the chain pet stores have them, even meijerl, walmart, etc. have them. The temp should be alright as long as it isn't longer than 48hrs. If you can't get a battery powered air pump, try stirring the top of the water if possible with a spoon, etc.

liontamer

Even better...take the water out in a small cup and pour it back in from maybe 1 or two feet up. Thatll def put air into yer water. Anyway, good luck man, and godspeed

sharksbait

Just make sure you do not disturb the bottom.You do not want to stir anything up and pollute the water column with out any filtration goin............

gasguzzler

That was my biggest concern. I fed him the night before, so its was bound to come out sometime! I kept calling home all day and the power went back on at about 2:30. Everything seems to be OK for now and I just need to see if he will eat tonight.

unleashed

good luck gassguzzler.for future use pick up a live well pump they are battery opperated I picked mine up for like 5 bucks at a sporting good store

cubfan

Great to hear that the power returned. Hopefully, everything will be OK in a few days. I'll shoot a prayer your way, it certainly can't hurt.