No Purple Coralline....

badfish420

I cant seem to get any purple/ pink coralline to grow in my tank. I do have some green . the tank has been set-up for over 3 years now with ample live rock / sand. Whats the Deal????
Anybody???????

bdubbya

Are you running metal halide lighting? I've noticed that in my new tank (has been set up a year in Jan) doesn't have much coraline to speak of on the glass. There is a little on the rock. In my old tank I ran NO and PC lights and had a lot more coraline everywhere. I assume that you are test for your cal. and alk, right? HTH.
Good luck.

badfish420

My cal is around 400. my alk im not sure. I have 2- 175 wt. M.H.and 2- 55 watt P.C. acintics . M.h. @4hours - P.C@ 8 hours.
How does alkalinity affect coralline growth ?

S

sebae0

alk is the carbonate in which the coralline needs to grow along with calc, if the levels are not stable it doesn't grow that good. i have 675w of mh on mine and it does grow slower than with lower lights but as soon as i got my alk and cal balanced it has started to take off. hth

denniss

My tank has been set up for only 2 months and it has purple coralline growing on almost all of my rock.Some of the rock i bought had some already on it but it has gone wild. I guess i should be lucky.