no RO will bottle water do?

C

cotti

i'm being told that will work fine, room temp bottled water..

C

cotti

any filtered water will work, from what I read on websites and hear from my lfs bottled water is as good as ro system. I keep several gallons in the basement and when i need to add water to the tank i grab one of them and add it, i haven't had any issues doing it that way.

deelucky

cool cause i have to drop my nitrates and everything is good and clean but i am using tap and i know that has to be the problem cause water change is suppose to drop the numbers but mine always stay the same :notsure:

zanoshanox

The water changes should still drop your trates...How much fo a change are you doing regularly, and how big is the tank? How high are the trates, to notice a real difference you may have to do up to a 25% change.

glengoby

Hey Lucky I was using bottled water there for awhile too and so I called the manufacture just to see and they filter there water just as good as a RO will, but I eventually bought an RO at home depot, it was the cheaper way to go. call the bottling company be sure though.

moorea2

I'm not sure of the price difference but it might be cheaper to contact your local Culligan. They will supply you with those big blue five gallon jugs (the type at a drinking cooler) of DI water. When we were filling our tank we got tired of our RO/DI system filling the tank a drop at a time and got the last 30 gallons of DI water from culligan. I really do not remember the price but I think it was cheaper then bottled water from the store. Certainly worth a call!

deelucky

will do thanks guys i know i have to do something,not that its a problem right now but i want to get some softies and i want my the best as possible thanks for all the info guys