Noisy neighbors!...its gotta stop!

jer4916

So the guys that live next to me are louder than any other people I have ever met in my whole life, and its finally come to the point where I cant handle it any longer. I’ve talked to them kindly and they just listen to me with deaf ears and continue what there doing. I’ve told the landlord and nothing happens. So I’ve decided to fight fire with cold water. I figure they listen to loud music and yell and scream all the time. So I know playing loud music back wont work, I’ve tried it. This in mind I’ve thought of something genius; I composed a cd of the most beautiful sounds. A BABY CRYING…. Its deafening!!!!! If they don’t stop after this…I don’t know what will work…but holy crap is it insanely funny.

What are your views,
~chris

scubadoo

Buy a skiilter for your system. .......they make noise as loud as that Ross Perot sucking sound.

jer4916

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Buy a skiilter for your system. .......they make noise as loud as that Ross Perot sucking sound.

what is a skiilter?

aw2

The suggestions I could post would probably get me banned, so I'll refrain.
Have you tried calling the cops?

jer4916

Originally Posted by AW2
The suggestions I could post would probably get me banned, so I'll refrain.
Have you tried calling the cops?

cops doing do anything, noise complaints take 3 hours to be responded to...so basicly by the time they get here the sound is gone
but believe me i am getting to a point where im about to snap...im a very passive person when it comes to most things...but gosh darnit im really getting upset!
~chris
(by the way your tank is super sexy) ...i want your eel ;)

aw2

lol...Thanks, Chris, for the tank compliment.
See...I've had noisy neighbors before, that were insane. I first moved to Chicago and lived in the WORST apartment you could think of. Holes in the floors, holes in the walls, the place hadnt been remodeled since like 1930 (I didnt even have kitchen counters or cabinets). The people above me were coke heads (boyfriend and girlfriend) and at all hours of the night, I'd either hear them fighting (throwing things, breaking things, screaming), having --- (wierd, crazy wildebeast sounds) or, the best part....the boyfriend had a mentally retarded brother, who stayed with them. I'd wake up at 3.30am, with the boyfriend beating the crap out of his handicapped brother (just horrible stuff).
So, one morning, at around 6am, after listening to the boyfriend beat the crap out of his handicapped brother since like 10pm, I had finally had enough. I had called the cops, repeatedly, but no one ever showed. I finally got out of bed, in my whitey tighties, grabbed an old shot gun I had (wasnt loaded)...I grew up in the sticks, what can I say?...and with my 120lb Chocolate Lab, that is police trained, we went upstairs to knock on the door.
It took me a few minutes, before they heard me but when he opened the door, I had my dog by the collar, who was snarling and ready to tear someones throat out and I had the shotgun leveled at the guys chest.
I made a few remarks, that I cant repeat here on the board and told the guy that if I ever, ever, ever heard him beating his brother or his girlfriend again, if I ever heard any loud music, that wasnt turned down after the first time I beat on the ceiling, that I was coming back and was going to let me dog go on him.
I lived in that same building for another year, with those same people living above me and never once had another problem. There were a few times that they were planning parties in their apartment and they'd even come down and let me know about them, in advance and promise to keep the noise down.

aw2

There's not much that you CAN'T get done, with a shotgun and mean dog, especially in South Dakota. lol
I'm just like you...I'm the most passive person and it takes an immense amount of irritation to get me going, but when you do, God help you. lol

jer4916

Originally Posted by AW2
There's not much that you CAN'T get done, with a shotgun and mean dog, especially in South Dakota. lol
I'm just like you...I'm the most passive person and it takes an immense amount of irritation to get me going, but when you do, God help you. lol

I think thats how it really is for most passive people, some people see it as weakness...i see it as complete tolerance, but seriously.... my fuse is getting shorter and shorter buy the day....im not totally sure yet what im going to do....but i know for a fact they wont like it...hehe

aw2

See, I'd start out with some very mellow stuff, like finding out where their water or gas (for heat) hook up is. Turn those off.
Maybe calling the local towing company and reporting a "strange" vehicle parked in their space, that doesnt belong and having it towed.
The only bad thing about any suggestion I could give you, is that you'd have to worry about consequences.

michelle l

Originally Posted by AW2
lol...Thanks, Chris, for the tank compliment.
See...I've had noisy neighbors before, that were insane. I first moved to Chicago and lived in the WORST apartment you could think of. Holes in the floors, holes in the walls, the place hadnt been remodeled since like 1930 (I didnt even have kitchen counters or cabinets). The people above me were coke heads (boyfriend and girlfriend) and at all hours of the night, I'd either hear them fighting (throwing things, breaking things, screaming), having --- (wierd, crazy wildebeast sounds) or, the best part....the boyfriend had a mentally retarded brother, who stayed with them. I'd wake up at 3.30am, with the boyfriend beating the crap out of his handicapped brother (just horrible stuff).
So, one morning, at around 6am, after listening to the boyfriend beat the crap out of his handicapped brother since like 10pm, I had finally had enough. I had called the cops, repeatedly, but no one ever showed. I finally got out of bed, in my whitey tighties, grabbed an old shot gun I had (wasnt loaded)...I grew up in the sticks, what can I say?...and with my 120lb Chocolate Lab, that is police trained, we went upstairs to knock on the door.
It took me a few minutes, before they heard me but when he opened the door, I had my dog by the collar, who was snarling and ready to tear someones throat out and I had the shotgun leveled at the guys chest.
I made a few remarks, that I cant repeat here on the board and told the guy that if I ever, ever, ever heard him beating his brother or his girlfriend again, if I ever heard any loud music, that wasnt turned down after the first time I beat on the ceiling, that I was coming back and was going to let me dog go on him.
I lived in that same building for another year, with those same people living above me and never once had another problem. There were a few times that they were planning parties in their apartment and they'd even come down and let me know about them, in advance and promise to keep the noise down.
You rock!!
People who beat on others weaker than them are a waste of space on this earth. Glad you were there to defend the guys poor brother.

jer4916

Originally Posted by AW2
See, I'd start out with some very mellow stuff, like finding out where their water or gas (for heat) hook up is. Turn those off.
Maybe calling the local towing company and reporting a "strange" vehicle parked in their space, that doesnt belong and having it towed.
The only bad thing about any suggestion I could give you, is that you'd have to worry about consequences.

nothing a dark ski mask and rubber gloves wouldn't hide...hehe make the phone call from a public phone in the mall....
mwa haha... ;)
~Chris
or if that doesn't work, i'll just keep putting vasiline on their door knobs.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by Jer4916
3 noise violations your supposed to be removed,...hasn't happened yet.
How many times have you complained?
Are you prepared to try and move out?

jer4916

i've complained over 10 times, and i want to move, just moving my 125 will be a huge pain in the butt with this weather

J

jcrim

If you really want to get something done (and not get arrested) go through the landlord. If you know an attorney have him/her write a letter on letterhead indicating that the landlord's inaction is interfering with the "quiet enjoyment" and "overall habitability" of your home. Trust me, the landlord will solve the problem for you.

yimmy

this is my advice...tell them every time you go up there because they're to loude THEY have to buy you a new tank (4000gal shark tank to be exact) and next time if their to loud they will be the shark food..... ***)
Either that or buy a bandana and say your in a gang and u and your homies will cap em