Noisy Tank

brandonvd

I've recently set up my new to me Marineland 80 gallon Euro with a Tidepool 2 filteration system. My problem is how noisy the overflow of the tank is. All the water goes down a tube in the tank to the Tidepool system in the stand that the tank sits on. As the water flows into the overflow, the overflow becomes very noisy with a suction sound. I understand why this sound is being made, but I don't know how to fix this problem. I am hoping that someone out there has had some experience with something similar and I would appreciate any help that you can give as my wife is really getting on my case about this. :help:

celacanthr

maybe you could make the tube that takes the water from the tank to make a right angle downward? this may or may not work ive never had a sump so this is just what i think may work.

brandonvd

Thanks to both of you that responded to my post. I ended up building and installing a durso standpipe. The new stand pipe works perfect and I think it wil do exactly what I need it to do.
I am amazed how big of a difference it makes and how easy it was to build and install. Just thought I would let you know and just say thank you.
Brandon